(5 stars to best and quick) samsung s5230 firmware flashing and warranty question?

GePe300

Sep 17, 2011
ok here is a heads up: I'm reeeeally stupid. I know so and now i'm paying for it.

i recently bought a s5230 and since i was really frustrated with its software i decided to tweak it a bit.
i downloaded a firmware,flashed the phone and it ran smoothly for about 2 weeks .
then helen ( my cousin ) did another stupid thing( i guess it runs in the family)

She scratched the screen !!!! really badly too. well not so bad that it doesn't work but too bad for a phone that hasn't been used for more than a month!

now my parents will kill me if they find out.
while searching for a way to fix it on the net i realized that it had a warranty
the only problem is that no one told me that it would be broken if i flashed the firmware!!
i re-flashed it using the another firmware (one with the same version number as the one it came with)
my question is thus this: if i take it to a repair shop to get it fixed under warranty will they reject it because it was flashed? If i don't tell them how will they know?
how do they know when a phone gets flashed or not?

Back