I have a mint 1972 Schwinn Sport Tourer, with original bike manual still

JoeyRockNRoll

May 24, 2011
attached. How much is it worth? The owner of the bike said that it was won in a raffle in 1972 and had been in the basement ever since. He cleaned it up and it looks beautiful. It is a bright and shiny turquoise color. Everything seems to be original. Everything is working and besides a little dirt here and there it looks brand new. The only thing that actually shows age is the leather Brooks saddle, which is cracking. I have found a few used bikes on Ebay that were similar and they were going for around $1000. I really want to ride the thing it is amazing, but I could also use the money to purchase a nicer bike. Kind of stuck in what I should do with it.

If you enjoy "nostalgia" and a heavy steel framed road bike - it would be OK. Personally, I would rather have a more up to date bicycle.

You gotta remember - that bike originally sold for ONLY $196.00 back in '72. Link below, scroll about 1/4 to 1/3rd way down. So what makes a bike that originally sold for $196.00 now worth $1,000? Nothing in my mind.

Edit - OOOPS - forgot the link.

hard to say
i wouldn;t give $25 for it but that is just me

if you know the ebay ones were REALLY equivalent and REALLY sold to real people you can use that

but don;t be surprised if it takes 5 years to find that person who just has to have it for $1000
more likely 200 would sell it in a month
100 in a week

also i would have to see a picture to tell you anything - at least

wle

Sell it and buy a good bike the bike listed for $196 in 1972.

http://www.schwinncruisers.com/schwinn-documentation/1972-schwinn-bicycle-catalog/

Back