help!!!!!!!!! My Download speed is slow!!!?

giancarlosantos

Jan 29, 2011
well.....i got a plan from a local cable operator and it is a 1mbps plan. surprisingly i did a speed test on speedtest.net and the result are 1.57mbps of download speed and an upload speed of 0.35 mbps.
so.... i should be getting atleast 120-128 kB/ps of dowload speed when download files but it just stays on 15-30 kBps.so, it really bothers me why?. I tried changing my browser(from Chrome to IE) no luck, tried DAP, no luck, bitcomet, no luck. even downloading torrent so slow. I also did try editing gpedit.msc and the tcp limit but all of them are no luck so help!!!!!!!!!

Depends- where is it exactly slow? is it while surfing the internet, or when running progrmas? either way, you can make it go faster. By following these steps 1 .Switch to a different browser
2.Remove unwanted add-ons, extensions, and plugins 3.Close unused tabs 4.Allow (some) cookies and caching and 5 you should scan your computer for viruses and spyware using suitable program. Once you did all these ,check out your internet speed test here ScanmySpeed : Speed test on your website Hope your Internet speed will be quite better than before.

Last edited:
Back