I Believe Christ Died for My Sins and I Love Him ? Why are Evil Thoughts in

GirlInterrupted

Jan 27, 2011
My head I feel Guilty? I am not a bad person but I always have evil things running through my mind...I want it to go away I am disgusted with this thinking. I don't really feel what I am thinking is my problem
When I read the Bible and I enjoy this but Evil thoughts are just in my head while reading playing with my concentration

these *evil* thoughts are based on your experiences and what you may hear around you, and based on the fact that you are human.
regardless of one's religion, it is not good to harbour destructive thoughts in our minds, however we all do it. we are not perfect and never will be. we simply have to attempt to block out each negative thought with a positive one and force ourselves not to think negatively.

the flesh allows evil thoughts and sin.A true christian rejects and wants to avoid evil thoughts,temptations & sin.

I have heard this from several people who are trying to live a more pure life, closer to God. They are in the middle of a healing ceremony and some evil thought will enter their mind that the person being healed actually gets worse, or dies, or a vision of dismemberment comes to mind.

When these unbidden things come to mind, there are several things you can do.

1) forgive yourself
2) ask God for forgiveness, and invoke His name
3) continue on focusing on what is at hand, asking, if necessary, angelic assistance.

And keep in mind that these things can be circumvented, or avoided in the first place, if, before praying or asking God for a favor, you properly make an invocation for protection from the Holy Spirit, from the angels and saints, or whatever your belief is: purple energy maybe....and THEN begin your conversation with God.

Several prayers that I know are
1) making the sign of the cross
When you make the sign of the cross you are chasing the devil away because the cross is the sign of Victory against evil and death. When you make the sign of the cross over your body you are protecting your mind, your heart, your hands and your feet, while at the same time remembering the wounds Christ bore for us. So before you start a prayer, a task or reading scripture, be mindful of the sign of the cross
2) prayer to the Holy Spirit. There are many prayers you can say to the Holy Spirit for guidance and protection and to open your mind to learning. I like this one
O Heavenly King, Comforter, Spirit of Truth, Who art everywhere present and fillest all things, Treasury of good things, and Giver of life: come and abide in us, and cleanse us from every sin, and save our souls, O Good One! (This is an Eastern Catholic prayer and very old)
3) At the end of your task, always thank God for this grace.

Disbelievers of Jesus (peace be upon him) wanted to kill him, but God saved him. Jesus did not die on a cross. What people saw was a "likeness" as in Quran. There was no origial sin. Allah forgave Adam and Eve after their sincere repentence. There was no need for Jesus (peace be upon him) to die for the sins of other people. Every person will be weighed for good and bad things he or she did. Believing in God is not enough. He has to do good. Christians changed the original message of Jesus (peace be upon him) like how Council of Nicaea invented trinity many years after Jesus. The original message of Jesus was to call the people to worship God alone. His birth without a father was a miracle. His mother is among the best of 3 woman ever to live in this earth. Jesus (peace be upon him) is a Prophet and Messenger of God, not a son of God. Glory be to God. God is one, neither begets nor begotten, there is nothing equal to God. This is Muslim beleive and we call God Allah, Arab Chrisitans also call Allah. Read Quran and you will know Quran is a guidance and it confirms what came before and calls for perfect monotheism. Associating anything beside God is idolatry and will never be forgiven unless repented.

It is the job of the enemy to keep your mind thinking of things contrary to God and His Truths.

YOU are human and those things happen to every one...this is a 24/7 365 day a year battle.WE must ALWAYS bring our thoughts and body under subjection to the Spirit.YOU will always face that as long as you are still in flesh......BUT to help in that battle is Gods Word....when your heart and mind is filled more with it then anything else...IT will push out those thoughts nd they do get less frequent, but again the enemy will always throw them back up and also simple sounds, pictures or certain things will remind you of something in the past and those thoughts rush back in...YOU have to be prepared for that and still refuse the thoughts and fill yourself with the things of God...His Word, prayer,songs, praises...etc etc

Your not alone, it happens to the best of us.....at times.

the bible has away of brainwashing people you may think its good but it usally gives people evil thoughts just look at the wetboro church and you will understand whay i mean

because are flesh seeks to break the laws of god

the power of god in us by the holy spirit puts our flesh into submission to god

Instinct is merely in conflict with adopted moral code. Just relax about it. If you want think a thought you think is evil, ask yourself what's so evil about it.

It's because we live in a broken world and one day,we'll be living in a new one with God that's perfect.It sounds incredible and unbelievable but in 1st Corinthians,Paul writes this:
"No eye has seen,no ear has heard,no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him."-1 Corinthians 2:9 God bless

I agree that you're a good person; otherwise, this wouldn't bother you.

f it seems to you that the evil thoughts are someone else thinking instead of you; as if someone else were using your mind, you may be suffering from Dissociative Identity Disorder.

However, only a good psychologist can diagnose that.

Evil thoughts like killing puppies evil, or evil thoughts like touching yourself evil? They're worlds apart in the evil category.
touching yourself gets you kind of sticky and tired out, killing puppies gets you hell.

it is temptation. we slowly learn to bring our thoughts under control. it is part of growing as one of God's children.
in Christ you are no longer a slave to sin. you have become a slave to righteousness.

My first thought is that maybe you're OCD, but I can't tell with the amount of info you give.

Would I have gotten 2 thumbs up instead of down if I had blamed it on the devil? lmao

The Bible tells us to take every thought captive by the renewing of our minds. We can only renew our minds in God's word. I know that you are feeling a lot of distress over this. Pray and confess these thoughts to the Lord. He knows that you are having them anyway. Ask Him for His help in stopping them. You know it's impossible to to concentrate on two things at once...so practice thinking about Him in verse and in song. If you do this, the thoughts will come less and less.

When you were saved, you became a new creature in Jesus Christ. (2 Corinthians 5:17) As a human being, your primary identity is your spiritual person. We were created in the image of God. God is a Spirit. (John 4:24) God is also a personal being with a mind, will, and emotions. So when we were created in the image of God, we were created as personal spirit beings who live in a body.

C.S. Lewis correctly observed that man is not a physical being who has a soul, he is a soul who lives in a physical body. Our body is the home that houses our spirit. The apostle Paul confirms this in 2 Corinthians 5 when he refers to his body as a "tent", a "building", and a "house".

Jesus taught in John 3:8 that the Spirit is like the wind - it is an unseen force with tremendous power. When we were originally created by God, we were spiritually connected to Him so that His Spirit was the energizing force behind our mind, will, and emotions. When the human race fell into sin through the temptation of Satan, we died spiritually. That is, we lost our spiritual connection to God and became connected spiritually to the realm of Satan. So now Satan and his fallen comrades are the energizing force behind our mind, will, and emotions. This is described in Ephesians 2:1-3, and it results in a life characterized by "indulging in the desires of the flesh and of the mind."

When one comes to faith in Christ, they are united with Christ so that this spiritual connection to the Satanic realm is broken and our connection to God is re-established by the Holy Spirit who comes to live within us. So now the Spirit becomes the energizing force of our mind, will, and emotions.

Unfortunately, Satan and his cohorts had plenty of time to corrupt our brain. Romans 7 gives us a vivid description of the struggle within. Paul identifies the source of this struggle as being in the members of the body. Obviously we know in our day and age that the brain operates like a computer does. It stores information and controls our thinking processes.

Since our brain has been corrupted, the remedy lies in the work of the Holy Spirit to transform us by "the renewing of your mind", as Romans 12:1 & 2 says. It's like pouring clean water into a glass of filthy water. As you pour the clean water in, the filth is flushed out and what is left in the glass after a while is clean water. The water in this case is the teaching of the word of God. Paul tells us in this passage that we are to first present our bodies a living and holy sacrifice. This simply means you need to make a full on, 100% commitment to Jesus Christ with no reservations. Secondly, he says, "do not be conformed to this world". You must separate your self from the influences of the sinful culture we live in so that it's values and thinking do not further corrupt your mind. Thirdly, we are to be "transformed by the renewing of your mind". This of course is saturating our mind with God's truth so that our thinking and our mind is transformed into the likeness of Christ, and hence our behavior becomes more like Christ.

This is God's plan and will for the Christian life. The result of this will be that you will express this Christlikeness is the exercising of the spiritual gifts of service that God has bestowed upon you, as described in Romans 12:3-8.

You are a new person in Christ. You just need to get your mind and thinking in line with who you really are spiritually. If you do, the grace of God will transform you into the person you really are.

God bless you, friend.

Back