POLL: did your parents smoke cigarettes around you as a kid?

yes my mom did.
no. dude i aint stupid i am 13 if anyone were to see something like that from me....since not many people like me everyone in the town would know and talk about it.

Neither smoked, nor drank. Both had alcoholic fathers (the one on my dad's side owned an Irish Tavern; the one on my mom's side was a working musician). I never met either grandpa, ever.

My dad's mom passed about 10 years ago. My mom's maw passed about 5 years ago.

I think it depends on how well they take care of themselves, how they are doing socially/emotionally, environmentally, etc. - these things would determine if they were to live into 90's to 100+ or pass in their 70's or 80's.

Neither smoked, nor drank. Both had alcoholic fathers (the one on my dad's side owned an Irish Tavern; the one on my mom's side was a working musician). I never met either grandpa, ever.

My dad's mom passed about 10 years ago. My mom's maw passed about 5 years ago.

I think it depends on how well they take care of themselves, how they are doing socially/emotionally, environmentally, etc. - these things would determine if they were to live into 90's to 100+ or pass in their 70's or 80's.

My late father smoked a pipe. That is until he came down with double pneumonia around 1957 or '58....he was very ill and he still tried smoking his cherished Meerschaum pipe. He took a nasty, frightening coughing spell. I was just a boy, and I can still see him coughing and gasping for breath in our parlour that memorable evening. My late mother scolded him, "Norman, that damn pipe is going to be the death of you!" He quit cold turkey and never resumed smoking.

I've never smoked anything. I've been subjected to A LOT of second hand smoke over the decades...especially during the 1950s-1970s when smoking in public was EVERYWHERE!

Back