stuffed bell peppers; i chopped tri-tip into tiny pieces i got rice and spinach...

AD1

Jun 23, 2008
...and large bell peppers? im browning the meat with season salt[ is that a tendorizer] and onions. what do i do next ? what do i do with the rice ?make it first then put it in the pepper.? help thanks

this recipe will answer your questions. Substitute your tri-tip for the ground beef, and make whatever ingredient variations you choose, but follow the method and you will be fine.

Stuffed Peppers

INGREDIENTS

•1 pound ground beef
•1/2 cup uncooked long grain white rice
•1 cup water
•6 green bell peppers
•2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
•1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
•1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
•1/4 teaspoon onion powder
•salt and pepper to taste
•1 teaspoon Italian seasoning

DIRECTIONS

1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2.Fill a large Dutch oven with water and bring to a boil
3.Place the rice and water in a saucepan, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and cook 20 minutes. In a skillet over medium heat, cook the beef until evenly browned.
4.Remove and discard the tops, seeds, and membranes of the bell peppers. Put the peppers in boiling water for 15 minutes until somewhat softened
5.Arrange peppers in a baking dish with the hollowed sides facing upward. (Slice the bottoms of the peppers if necessary so that they will stand upright.)
6.In a bowl, mix the browned beef, cooked rice, 1 can tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Spoon an equal amount of the mixture into each hollowed pepper. Mix the remaining tomato sauce and Italian seasoning in a bowl, and pour over the stuffed peppers.
7.Bake 1 hour in the preheated oven, basting with sauce every 15 minutes, until the peppers are tender.

I made stuffed bell peppers with ground turkey, corn, chopped jalepenos, rice pilaf, mushrooms, onions, cheese, & a little brown sugar and bake at 350 until lightly brown. Good luck

When I make stuffed peppers this is what I do:

I slice the peppers vertically, clean out the insides, and boil them for a couple of minutes, drain and set aside.

I cook ground beef and onions, cook the rice. I mix the meat and onions with the rice and some tomato sauce or spaghetti sauce. (if you want to add spinach you can, that sounds good)

I fill the peppers with the mixture of rice, meat, onions and sauce and cook in the oven for 20 minutes at 350 degrees. I top with grated cheddar or mozzarella during the last 5 minutes. You can top it with any cheese you like, including grated Parmesan.

Back