WHY!? do atheists come to r&s & then complain that they are being confronted?

Brenn

Jul 9, 2008
It's funny - they accuse Christians of forcing their beliefs and yet - they do just the same

All they do is say "no" to anything offered. Atheists why are you searching Religion & Spirituality Q's? Doesn't your very presence here make you agnostic?

I am an agnostic atheist yes. And I'm here to answer the occasional thought provoking question thats presented. Other then that, if I'm here and a question is directed towards me I will answer it if not but out of boredom.

I'm an atheist a very strong one with no complaints whatsoever. I am in here for the same reason religious fanatics come knocking on my door Saturdays and Sundays to save my soul. I am here to take your soul with me into the wonderful world of scientific facts and technologies yes no more mythology and overblown fish stories. In my world you can have premarital sex without guilt if your neighbor gives you a hard time you'll be able to flip him off with your middle finger and be proud that you done so. Come with me and feel the freedom.
I would like to free people from their cage of religion with boundaries.

Usually what we complain about is having the standards of a religion we don't follow forced on us in real life. This is a better place to complain about it than the cooking section, don't you agree? If we have something to say to the religious, isn't a religion forum the best place for it?

I'm not searching for answers, I'm giving them. I spent years studying religion before arriving at atheism and I've realized that I know way more about the topic than the average teenage fundie who posts here.

I am an atheist.

I don't believe in 'god'.

See how easy that is?

And I come here to make fun of the 'faithful', not complain about being confronted, because the one thing the religious cannot do is confront an atheist with facts. Religious people HAVE NO FACTS.

I am an atheist.

I don't believe in 'god'.

See how easy that is?

And I come here to make fun of the 'faithful', not complain about being confronted, because the one thing the religious cannot do is confront an atheist with facts. Religious people HAVE NO FACTS.

I don't complain about being confronted on R&S.

Those people who show up at the door with religious magazines, though, are a different matter.

No, I come to R&S to answer questions about religion and the non-existence of any deity. Doing so does not make me agnostic.

You clearly do not understand the distinction between atheism and agnosticism. Me? I'm both.

I also do not complain about being confronted here--where I do come voluntarily--but in the larger society. This is just one place to discuss the ways in which religion in society affects me and people like me.

Note: This is the RELIGION section, not the RELIGIOUS section. It is a place to discuss any and all topics related to religion, and atheists interactions with religion certainly qualifies, not just for religious people to gather.

"Doesn't your very presence here make you agnostic?"

looks like someone doesn't know the meaning of the word agnostic.

Back