You're Roger Goodell. What would you do about the incident in the Texans-Titans game

ChristianB

May 23, 2008
on Sunday? If I'm Roger Goodell, I suspend both players. However, I would give Finnegan the longer suspension since he started it.

My own opinion: I applaud Andre Johnson for standing up for himself, but I think both players should be suspended. That way, the NFL will send a message to the younger viewers as well as AJ & Finnegan: this is not acceptable.

Fine and suspend Finnegan and let Andre Johnson off scott free....he didn't start it, he just finished it. Goodell should send a message to the players that like to start crap

They both get suspended a game. That's the standing rule in every other level of football and the NFL should adopt it as well - you disqualify yourself, you sit a game.

As for a fine, I'm not sure on either of their histories but since no one got hurt, they should start at $25K on the first offense and go up $25K for each subsequent offense.

They most likely have rules and punishments in place. The NFLPA will also have a say to some extent.

I would think that both players get a 4 week suspension; plus fines to the teams.

May sound weird but I say don't suspend them at all even though they probably will be suspended.

Matt Light and Channing Crowder on the Pats and Dolphins got into a fight 2 years ago and neither got suspended.

I'd just give them a huge fine and let them play.

And Finnegan had this coming. He's a punk. Glad Andre Johnson gave him an @$$ whooping yesterday

nothing its called football. Bad enough they have taken football out of the game now and made it a girlie game

They will each get a $25,000 fine and nothing else.

I would suspend Finnegan because he is punk. Give him a $100,000 fine.
Johnson $50,000 he did throw punches too.

I believe Goodell will come down harder on Finnegan due to his troubled past. Andre Johnson should be given a fine and a 1 game suspension due to the severity of the incident.

Finnegan is one of those jerks who thinks he's tough because he takes cheap shots. I can't stand players like that. I'm glad he got a smack down. I agree, I would give Finnegan the tougher penalty because he started it.

I would suspend both players for a couple of games. The NFL has to send a message that this will not be tolerated under any circumstances. I like Andre Johnson a lot but he was at fault by throwing 3 punches at Finnegan. Finnegan is at fault for starting the whole thing and taking off Johnson's helmet. They both have to be sat down as much as I would want to so favoritism toward Johnson because he was right for standing up for himself.

Back