Roger daltrey v Robert plant?

MarcoL

May 20, 2008
this is not a the who v led zeppelin contest. just want to know who you think is the better singer

Love them both; I would have to give Plant an edge for emotional content (see "Since I've Been Loving You" for an absolutely stunning vocal experience).
Daltrey is in an unusual position in that his best work was essentially that of a cover artist, as he was interpreting demo recordings made by Pete Townshend & submitted to The Who as a whole - his decline is related directly to that of Townshend and The Who - his solo work was never up to Who standards. In his heyday, though, his voice was powerful enough to strip the chrome off a trailer hitch at 30 paces, so there's an edge there.

Love them both; I would have to give Plant an edge for emotional content (see "Since I've Been Loving You" for an absolutely stunning vocal experience).
Daltrey is in an unusual position in that his best work was essentially that of a cover artist, as he was interpreting demo recordings made by Pete Townshend & submitted to The Who as a whole - his decline is related directly to that of Townshend and The Who - his solo work was never up to Who standards. In his heyday, though, his voice was powerful enough to strip the chrome off a trailer hitch at 30 paces, so there's an edge there.

It's hard to say because their styles were so different. Both fit perfectly with what their bands were playing.

They are both brilliant, but I think that Daltrey could have sung equally as brilliantly with any Band, whereas Plant was just nailed on for LZ.

So, Daltrey, by the proverbial whisker.

Were I to just consider the work each did with the groups I would give a slight edge to Daltrey, but looking at their entire life work I have to go with Plant.

They are both brilliant, but I think that Daltrey could have sung equally as brilliantly with any Band, whereas Plant was just nailed on for LZ.

So, Daltrey, by the proverbial whisker.

Back