Does my prologue sound interesting?

It'snotImportant

Aug 11, 2010
Darkness is impending. Whispers of a threat, of an unseen fear, make their way through the magical lands. I can feel it in the water. I can see the Woods are no longer as green. And the earth creaks and groans, an uncertain force upsetting its harmony. Much of the tranquility is lost, and none now live who can save it. It began in old-world times, in the times that Gods, Titans, and Elementals walked the earth among mortals. There were two entities, Lero and Darcee, that ruled over the Elementals and Spirits. For a Millennium, all was tranquil and balanced.

Then, one terrible day, Darcee went mad with immanent power and became a tyrant, joined by Kronus and the Titans. The woods, the waters, the air…they were changed. The minds of men were corrupted by the darkness, by hate, and by mad desire for power. The land was overtaken. Innocent lives were lost, blood was spilt, and the fields of the spirit world Caliburthia raged with an unnaturally powerful and evil fire.

But there were some who resisted. A last alliance of Gods, Goldhearts, and Elementals marched against leagues of Titans and men, battling scores of Darkness—until one fatal hour when Lero summoned the spirits of all Goldhearts past and present, flushing and cleansing the land, overpowering the darkness and sending it back into the blazing chasm from whence it came. The Goldhearts—the true heroes, the demigods—had saved the world from certain destruction. The Gods tore the titans apart, scattering their limbs all across the land, and Zeus locked them away to be hidden forever.
To encase Darcee and the Darkness, an Orb was forged—The Orb of Light, which was made with the power of all the Olympians, the Goldhearts, the Elementals, and a piece of Lero himself. Darcee was cast within the Orb, and the world seemed to silence, ceasing its groans and protests. The Orb was bestowed upon Poseidon, the god of the Sea and Father of Horses, whose job it was to guard Atlantis to his best ability.

Soon, history became legend, and legend became myth. For thousands of years, all was well in Olympia and the planet Earth. Alas, Lero was growing weaker…without the piece of his soul, he was slowly dying, the land of Caliburthia going with him. Darcee was draining the guardian entity’s power. Much debate and council was held—and for the sake of Caliburthia, it was decided that there was only one option. One option that may change the fate of the universe. Lero must descend upon the earth in the form of a human; or be forever lost to the escaping darkness of Caliburthia.

I've written a lot of this book. I am relatively young (13 female), but I believe I can write.

Back