i need help, broken my ps3 ribbon cable clip for the blueray disk drive?

SianR

Nov 28, 2008
the clip has totally shattered, beyond any repair or quick fix job. i need a new clip and will pay a good price for one. note that this is the clip that connects the blue ray drive to the motherboard, not the other way round. if anyone can tell me where i can buy one or if anyone could sell one to me i would appreciate it allot. i don't want to loose out on a playstation lol. thanks allot. p.s if it can be done, i would also like to be told how i can change the original clip. cheers. sam r
i mean the silver ribbon cable, not the red and black ones, cheers anyways!

Okay guys, I fix PS3 and this problem is a HUGE problem. I know there are videos out there on how to fix ylod (Gilksy's is the best and most efficient) however if you are not certified stay outta the machine, in your defense these clips are a real crappy design and make. Tools you need...

Scissors, tape (DO NOT USE DUCT TAPE) and a 20 BOX of cigarettes (NO JOKE). The cigarette pack is perfect thickness.

Cut a measure the width of the ribbon cable against the pack of cigarettes cut out the EXACT sane width then 5mm long.

Push ribbon cable into place then with the other hand slide cardboard ON TOP of the cable carefully not bending the cardboard or it will become flimsy.

Tape across the cardboard just to keep into place.

Test the machine and if you done it correctly it will work.

Hope this has helped out
Shawn Smith -Gaming Fix New Zealand

FAQ:Cant I just glue cardboard to the Cable?

You can Glue the card board to the cable it is the best result, however if you use the wrong glue you can do more damage than good to the ribbon and if it leaks to your board so cardboard is a safer option

Back