Does anyone else think NRA people are paranoid??

M

mended.ticker

Do most gun fanatics realize that in it's 137 year history, the NRA didn't become political until the late 70's and that it started as a rift within their own organization? Don't they realize that making all guns illegal and taking our 2nd amendment right would infuriate even democrats? The whole thing is a diversion used by rich people to get poor and middle class people to vote Republican. I eat venison. I don't hunt, but I think it's a beautiful hobby. People should just focus on all the issues and try to look at the big picture, instead of relying on "American Rifleman Magazine" for their total News source.......don't ya think?

yeah. i've never heard someone seriously suggest taking away everyones guns and making them all illegal. that's very unreasonable and wouldn't even be possible.

Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they aren't watching you!

It isn't paranoid if someone is really out to get you, in this case the anti-gun retards.Link to where pro-gun people only get news from American Rifleman? That is a very infantile observation.

Members of the NRA aren't paranoid, they're patriots that believe in the founding principles of this country. Along with our military might, it's groups like the NRA that have fought for Americans to bear arms, thus keeping our own government from trying to squash us. Look at countries where the citizens aren't allowed to arm themselves and you'll notice a trend about how their government just kick their private doors in whenever they want for whatever reason.

I have no problem with hunting, although I've never done it. And I understand skeet shooting and target shooting as hobbies and that's fine.But there are certain types of guns that serve no other purpose than to kill as many people as possible in the shortest amount of time, and I just dont' understand the mentality that regular people should be able to own those WMDs. I mean really, who needs a gun that shoots 50 or 100 rounds a second, or more, other than maybe the soldiers fighting our wars?I don't think we could outlaw ALL guns, and I wouldn't support that anyway, but some types of weapons just have no place in civilized society.

Most people would be paranoid when the government is trying to take away their gun rights. The right to bear arms should not be infringed in any way and the only infringement acceptable is stopping civilians from buying nuclear warheads. The NRA teaches gun responsibility and that is its mission, so I see nothing wrong with that. They have a right to exist and no one is going to make them go away.

I just thought of Dale Gribble, Kurt Cobain and William S. Burroughs all at the same time. Now my head hurts.

no kidding we should just worry about the government spying on us instead.

No, they just want to keep their guns.They are always claiming..."If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear."Doesn't sound paranoid at all....severely naive, but not paranoid.As long as they get to keep their guns, the government can listen to every form of communication, tag us all with GPS, and rendition anyone under suspicion of being : -a terrorist,-talking to a terrorist,-talking to someone who talked to someone who talked to a terrorist,-being a gay person who talked to someone who talked to someone who talked to someone else that is supected of being a terrorist,- a liberal who talked to someone who talked to someone, who was friends with someone who talked to someone, who talked to a guy on that street who talked to someone who is suspected of being a terrorist,-a non-white individual that may have talked to someone that looked at a picture of a terrorist, or-a welfare recipient that fits any of the categories above

I think Democrats, more than Republicans, severely want to restrict the Second Amendment.You might want to believe that NRA members are paranoid and that they're creating a conflict that doesn't exist, but you probably only believe that because you vote Democrat. You have other interests, clearly, like class warfare talk, that drive you to vote for the Democrats in spite of your love or tolerance of guns. You wish more people would put on blinders regarding this particular issue because you do. That's fine, but don't lie to yourself that Democrats take a reasonable position on the Second Amendment. They don't. They take an unconstitutional position. And usually the ideological bent that causes NRA members to be in the NRA is the same ideological bent that causes NRA members to vote GOP or Libertarian. In my case, that's very true. Although not a member, I might be, and I'm a Libertarian.

But, it is happening, look at Chicago and DC, they have a firearm ban. What is to stop that mindset from spreading?

the nra is a bunch of nazi's,i'm a liberal registered independant guns owner, they don't speak for me. 2nd ammendment is over 200 years old. nra had nothing to do with it

Back