Is the Healthcare Bill just a massive Tax Hike to screw Americans?

john

Sep 3, 2007
A Boston Globe analysis of the health care bill which Democrats are trying to ram through before Christmas against the will of the American people illustrates how the legislation is a gigantic tax heist which will further economically assault Americans already laboring under the worst financial crisis of their lives.

How can the introduction of $11 billion in excise taxes (see section 9008, 9009 and 9010) on the health care industry reduce costs to consumers?

Does anyone doubt these companies won't pass these additional costs on to consumers?

Even the non-partisan Congressional Budget Office is aghast at the foolishness of this appalling bill.

yep one way or another you are screwed you get the insurance you're in debt you don't you're fined and if you can't pay the fine you become a criminal and face criminal charges

Additional taxes on anything slightly of medical use, like toilet paper or tampons or toothpaste. Yes it is nothing but more taxes and less coverage.

What makes you say it's against the will of the people? If that were true there would be a huge number of recall elections being organized. Do you know of any? Just because you don't personally like it doesn't mean you should have your way. You're in the minority, obviously. As is your faulty spin. Deal with it.

ADDED:

Sir, I am not a Democrat. Unlike most people, I think for myself, not what radio personalities and pulpit pounders tell me to think. You should feel foolish trying to label people so you can more easily dismiss them. It exposes a serious intellectual weakness.

Yep, once again the American people are about to get screwed once again by Big Borther for something we dont even want

misslabeled: I suggest you look at recent polls, since you Democrats spent eight years citing polls daily during the Bush Administration. 48% of the country is against the health care reform bill, 41% of the country is in favor of the health care reform bill. Now, last time I checked...48% was more than 41%, which means the majority of Americans are against this bill.

Looks like you're the minority, not us.

Healthcare=way to decide when your going to die its playing God and will ruin the USA

It's Obama's new welfare project, so yes!
This bill will mean higher premiums, higher taxes, bigger government... all our biggest fears realized in one all-inclusive bill. I, for one, am frightened for this country. As the White House leans left, they just keep on spending and spending money THAT WE DON'T HAVE.

Back