Why do so many Gods have the same birthday as Jesus Christ (Dec.25th)?

Iforgot

Dec 10, 2009
Horus (3000BC) / Attis (1200BC) / Krishna (900BC) / Jesus (0) / Dionysus (500BC) / Mithra (1200BC)
all these Gods were born of virgins, died and was resurrected.

doesn't that strike you as "ODD" ?!
the keepers of faith do not enter into debate. look it up yourself. doesn't matter what sorce I put up, you will disregard it as false. (you know you will)

No, not really. First off, nobody believes that Jesus was born on Dec. 25th. That's just when Christians celebrate His birthday.

As far as all those supposed gods sharing similar stories to the truth, it can be expected since God revealed His plan to His people ever since the fall and since Abraham after the flood. It's no surprise to me that others would have heard of Gods truth from those that God loved and then tried to apply that to their own made up religion.

You don't see many followers of horus, attis, krishna, dionysus or mithra do ya? That shows they were only mixing the truth with lies.

well actually dec 25th isn't his birthday. His actual birthday is in july. (Hence Christmas in july) We celebrate it on dec25 because it was the day king david became a christian.

Not odd, but reaffirms that much of what is in the Bible was taken from other religions and cultures.

Dec 25th is not the day Jesus was born. It's the day we celebrate it. Just like my B-day will be on a Tuesday, and I'll be partying Saturday.

Good question. And why were there Gods hundreds of years before Jesus who were products of virgin births, performed miracles, died for humanity's salvation, etc.? Methinks the early leaders of Christianity may have done a little plagiarizing.

Good question. And why were there Gods hundreds of years before Jesus who were products of virgin births, performed miracles, died for humanity's salvation, etc.? Methinks the early leaders of Christianity may have done a little plagiarizing.

Wow...I wish you'd have done some real research on this first...

FIrst, no original, pre-Christian sources show any other gods being born on December 25. And Jesus wasn't, either. So if Jesus wasn't, even if there were other gods born that day, it wouldn't be a connection or a copy.

Further, there are no original sources which show any other god being born of a virgin, nor being resurrected. Dying yes, but so what? Don't we all? Does that mean we are deliberately copying one another?

But just in case you are some kind of genius who knows more than anyone else, I'll check back here in a few minutes to see what original source documentation you offer as proof of your claims.

I dont think krishnas birthday is celebrated on 25th dec.The holy quran says that Isa Alai salam-Jesus (maypeace be upon him)was born and Mary (Mariam peace be upon her) was given dates to eat. Dates grow only during summers, 25th Dec obviously is a winter season. I dont think 25dec is the right date of Isa Alai salams birthday. Rest we have no idea.

christianity is based on a multitude of other religions. but dont tell the christians that.

Things like Zeitgeist give just enough truth to be dangerous, which is to say, it doesn't give the *whole* truth. :)

First, the exact date of Dec. 25th being used is not the issue... It's whether or not Christmas has anything of its own that wasn't already a part of other gods' festivals. The real point here is that 99.9% of all "Christmas" traditions, symbols and trappings come from the earlier Pagan religions. Their festivals took place on or near the winter Solstice, and were usually a *week* or *longer*, so yes some of them *do* overlap with Dec. 25th. Keep in mind that we've gone through several calendar changes in our history as well, and that some religions operate on a lunar calendar which fluctuates slightly from our modern one. (And we can look back and extrapolate which festivals would fall in modern December even for cultures that didn't have a December.)

The only thing "Christian" about Christmas celebrations is the name and the new meanings based on their deity, who was most likely born in either the Spring or Fall depending on which source you find more credible. Everything else is from Paganism. Just because you "Christianize" something doesn't make the origins and original meanings disappear. Pagans still do exist, and we do still celebrate the original holidays. There's not just one "reason for the season."

As for the rest, you'll find long Zeitgeist-inspired lists of gods that supposedly have identical stories to Christ. Again Zeitgeist fails in not telling the whole truth, just a fraction. The truth is that there is very little in Jesus' story that hasn't been done by at least one other Pagan deity. But not all of those deities in the lists have all of the attributes put together.

Hahaha you believe that ALL of them did the same as God? Let me tell you this, if they were to all die for you, why would the price have to be paid over and over and over again? They're just trying to copy God, because they know he is the right God. And no, that does not make us odd, it makes those fake Gods odd. Jesus Christ is the truth and the light and the way.

Back