EGYPT: is honor killing (el tar 3ashan l sharaf) allowed in our law just like in...

JoJo1

May 13, 2008
...the movie "5yana mashro3a"?!? hey..
i heard that honor killing is allowed in the egyptian law? is that for real? ya3ny if a man found his wife cheating on him, for example, does this give him the right to kill her or the other guy (according to our law)?
is there any credible site with this kind of info?

thanks in advance.

if i found her cheating on me , i would kill her no matter what punishment i'll get.

honour killing exists everywhere. there is a pakistani(english girl) on the run in our country because she has a white boyfriend. she's been given a new identity and her face has been kept out of interviews for her protection. if ever caught by her family her brother will kill her. anybody who kills in our country is trialled for murder or manslaughter(zoser i've never heard of a crime of depression in england).

he would never get the right to kill his wife
but he might get a reduced sentence
the law insists that there are witnesses of her betrayal , which might be impossible .
the trick is that a wife doesnt have the same right !
if you want to know more , get a book on Shari3a Law or ask on the television or address a Sheikh .
the Law is difficult to grasp , and only a clever lawyer can get around it .
Egyptian Law is based on French Law and Shari3a Law .

Sherif is right.
The laws applicable to this situation are open for interpretation and therefore it's up to the judge basically...now, in practice, I don't have any statistics on exactly how many actually get away with Honor Killings in Egypt...

yeah..if he killed them in the bedroom...he may get 6 months or something in prison with wakf el tanfeez..so he won't go to jail

I know it is correct because as you said it got "honorable" motives,like why did he kill?!! did he kill as a sociopath or psychopath or for mugging or what?!! he killed because he had been betrayed,you know the term (stabbed in the back). My aunt is a lawyer and we discussed the matter before and she said that the convict is released in moment's notice without spending one day in jail but this is only applicable if the wife and the cheater are both caught red-handed w bsara7a homa yestahlo elly yegralhom,for me betrayal is a call for death.

@ESD & Caesar: walahy ged3an,homa el gooz yestahlo darb el naar wala tefre2 neroo7 feeha el a5ra 7ata.

Back