Why are Americans complaining about their health care?

Mark

May 13, 2008
People in my country have to save up thousands of pounds to go to the US for better treatment in the US such as this case.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/2009/11/28/exclusive-parents-battle-to-raise-a-fortune-to-treat-cancer-stricken-son-in-us-86908-21856904/
I'm not from the UK, because my nick name is Sparky? Yeah cause no one in the UK is called Mark, not one single person, well spotted ;) goon.
The baby still needs to go to the US, as do many children in the UK, I live here this is not an unsual story, for good treatment thousands of Britons go to the US.
http://www.sophie-appeal.org/
Another baby that needs treatment in the US.

Because our health care system is broken. The people who fail to recognize that have obviously not ever been left hanging high and dry without a nice cushy sponsored health plan.

That's what we Republicans are saying, but the Democrats are saying we need Change because our system apparently is horrible and kills 50 million people a year.

Sounds like a load of nonsense to me, Sparky. Why aren't you petitioning the British government to privatize your health care system so you can shell out $500.00 a month like we do?

Because we have to save up hundreds of thousands of dollars to get any treatment at all.

Get it? That kid can get life saving treatment in his own country, but they want the cutting edge treatment that they have to pay for.
Here, you ONLY have the stuff you have to pay for. You can't get the lifesaving treatment without paying.

It's about access. Many people cannot afford health care and so do not get it until it is an emergency. Right now we are choosing to get my daughters eye problem treated rather than treat my slipped disc in my back. However, if I had money I am certain I could get fabulous treatment and physical therapy for my back. As it is, though, I am going on a year of daily pain and restricted movements.

Huge amounts of money go into their health care system, like more than any other single sector of their economy besides housing. They pay more per person than any other nation for health care. Yet Americans continue to fall in the rankings with other countries when it comes to life expectancy and quality of life. Quite fast. From first to 49th in under 15 years.
They would like to be more efficient.
Then there is the huge gap between rich and poor in America in access to care. It seems a little unfair.

It is not the citizens who are complaining. It is a few extreme left wing liberal politicians, led by Barack Obama who have manufactured a crisis. They are after power. They want to control the money in the health care industry and in the health insurance industry.

The vast majority of people do not want a government takeover.

Its mostly ILLEGAL ALIENS complaining about not getting enough FREE health care from taxpayers

Most AMERICANS are happy with their plans / hospitals and doctors.

Obama wants to get as many illegal aliens into America as possible, so they keep voting for the left wing union hacks.

Yeah, your health care sucks over there. Sure, it's free, but I got a simple stitch job in England and it looks like a viking swung a battleaxe into my face. The lower the cost, the lower the quality.

Because Americans are fat lazy spoiled people who have no real grasp on reality, or the way our lives relate to those in other parts of the world.

If its not the health care system theyre bitching about its something else.

The only thing you are highlighting in that source is the ridiculous cost , £300,000? No wonder people complain in the US

I think we should get rid of all health care. Public, private, who gives a damn? If you don't know how to make your own swine flu vaccine or perform a triple bypass, good luck. The faster all of these worthless human beings die, the faster things will get to where they need to be. In the end, god will sort it out and all of those leeches will be DEAD. CANT WAIT! And another thing, I hate poor people! And if you're poor, I hate you, and I hope you can't get health care. You don't deserve it because you're poor and I'm not. Maybe you should do yourself a favor and not be poor. We all know that you choose to be poor and you don't like money. Unless it's money that's given to you by me so that you can have a minimum quality of life. Screw that! There should be no minimum to the quality of your life.

Most Americans don't have a problem with our healthcare, just the leeches who want "free stuff" from the government.

Back