TEENS: What trend do you absolutely HATE?

Kmmsmmeeem

Jul 15, 2009
Personally, I hate it when people wear the 80's headbands over their bangs, like the "scene" kids do.

So my question is to you all, what clothing/style trend completely disgusts you?

Feel free to elaborate XD
I agree with you! I think uggs are really overrated. I mean... i have a pair, but I rarely wear them, only in the winter. I see people wearing them in 90 degree weather! Crazy!
I am going to have to disagree with the person who said they hate eyeliner, eyeshadow and mascara.

Thats not really a trend. It is more of a basic. lol.
Also, I shop at Hot Topic frequently, but that is because it is were i purchase all of my music CD's. They have a selection, that other stores can't compete with.

But idk. I agree, that I don't like most of the clothes in there, but the customer service is amazing =] The people that work there tell me about the concerts they go to and stuff. Its really fun to get to know them. And I like them better than Hollister and Abercrombie and Fitch.

I freeeeeeeeekingggg haaaaateeee the fact that some teens think the 80s is comming back cause people are wearing leg warmers & peace signs & neon shirts
like wtf!!!!!
I didn't even live in the 80s & I know its not comming back anytime soon!
like just because some people wear that doesn't mean the 80s is comming back..& the people who try dressing like that don't look retro at all!

but I gotta get over it lol..even though its still bothering me!!

i agree with you. :)
edit- i am not trying to say anything bad or bash anyone or anything...
but i think the whole "scene" thing is just so stupid. the only kids i've ever known that have that style are ones who are desperate for attention. they wear bright clothes and WAYYYY to much make up and make themselves stand out.
it's kind of like the kids that go to the mall and make huge scenes to get attention.

Scene/Emo
Pant sagging
Gladiator Sandals - I hate those so much. They're so ugly.

I really do not like the poofy "scene" hair or the emo "in your face hair". It looks like they have low self esteem and no individualism, no self-style.

I don't like clothing with unnecessary chains and straps. They don't go anywhere, they don't serve any purpose.. I just don't get it.

I also don't like makup, by that I mean eyeliner, anything with colour. Lip gloss and foundation is fine, but don't make yourself look like a harlot.

Edit: Yes, but that much makeup on teenagers (15 year olds and such) just going to school? Really?

I feel you! It's beyond lame...

Anyways, the fashion trends that I hate: You know how Miley Cyrus dresses? Like a rag doll? Dressing in expensive but cheap looking clothes? I don't like that. Besides, it's WAY overwhelming.

I hate when people judge.
So lets move on with life....
Everyone has their own feelings and thoughts, and own personal way of expressing it.
So why be mean to them because of it?

really??? i like that... ok but i hate sagging. thats the worst.
and guys with skinny jeans. hate that too... and dudes wearing v necks... but for girls... i hate how they randomly write on their jeans... i mean its dumb

All this emphasis on the 80's lately has been driving me crazy. I've never seen the 80's, but from what I can tell, that decade wasn't THAT awesome (the 70's sound way cooler).
Also, I really don't like crocs. They look so ridiculous!

Lets show some pics shall we!?
http://style.popcrunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/pamela-uggs-2.jpg shorts and ugg boots... odd summer and winter are seperate!
http://www.ilovescene.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/scene-girl-hairstyle.jpg wtf?! now thats one scary scene girl.
http://pop.ology.com/files/2009/05/jonas-brothers-skinny-jeans.jpg hate them and there skinny jeans
the whole shorts and leggings thing looks just strange...
okay and this drives me insane! why do all these girls have straight hair and side bangs?! I mean at my school they all look the same.. i swear you cant tell whos who if they're turned around. Why do people think it's so pretty??? How about not frying your hair and keeping it natural?

I HATE people who where uggboots with tights. The most hideous thing ever is trying to make uggboots a friggen fashion statement!

I HATE guys who think it’s cool to have their underwear hanging out. Fashion? My ass that is fashionable. Twice as bad when they think skinny legs look good on them! LOL!

I HATE chicks who dress like the old school gym chicks with the head band, those leg warmers, fluorescent shirts. The full on old school 80’s gym chick style is just not on!!!

I also HATE when people think matching non-matching colours is heaps cool. Like a hideous bright green shirt with hideous bright blue pants WTF?! Got a mirror at your house?

I HATE chicks who wear fake tan or get a fake tan in the seasons/months where a tan is simply not possible because it’s like -2 outside.

I HATE people who have that big dopey fringe hanging in their face (male and female) and than when they talk to you, the keep flicking their hair out of their eyes only for it to fall back down, like for Christ sakes, cut the thing off guys, or clip it back girls.

I HATE chicks who were mini skirts/dresses with stockings/tights/leg warmers underneath than have those hideous converse shoes on, urgh, WHAT?!

I HATE guys who wear eyeliner LOL! What the f*ck?

I HATE how people walk around inside with hoodies on, what’s up with that? If you don’t wanna be seen, than don’t come out in public.

I HATE people who wear their sunglasses inside. There ain’t no sun inside my friends.

Lmfao I can go on about the sh*t I hate but I’m the type of person, that when I’m out in public I dress sophisticated and formal because that’s how I was brought up – to look respectful in the public eye. I have the business woman look or the “important woman” look. Not ALL the time, but hardly ever will I step out my front door looking like I got dressed in the friggen dark! I make an effort to make a statement. A statement that says “I have a fashion sense” I rather look like I’m a stuck up b*tch with my designer suit and shoes than someone who got dressed in the dark.

okay,I HATE OVERSIZED PLAID DRESS/SHIRTS WITH A PASSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. you can get them at forever 21.. and it seems like everyone has them. theyre attrocious!!! grrrr lol and then people pair them with leggings

oh i also hate skirts or shorts . with.... wait for it........ UGGS! wtfff? that is rediculous lol. also i really don't like ray ban glasses unless thier black. i like those.

Lmao,

Apparently most people hate my kind of "trend." I am not really considered scene so much as who I am. I like to wear bright clothes, and 80's headbands :) Not for attention, not for anyone but me because that is who I am and what I like.

I hate the douchebag trend. ex. Hummer, tucked in shirt with khaki pants, perfect hair, evil smile, and the 500$ watch.

Back