Have you ever met someone you could never be with?

Ashley

May 13, 2008
Have you ever met someone and knew them well enough that you knew you could be happy with them for the rest of your life but could never be together? How to deal?

Yes! =( soo hard to forget about it...sometimes I still think about that person and I run in to him a lot bc he is my friends cousin...and it hurts bc he already happy with someone else =(

yes recently i have. i knew i couldnt be with him be with him but i made sure we were friends for life. talk it out with the person and find someone new

omg yes, and for so many reasons too =/
im trying to move on but it's so hard. =(

im srry to hear, if it's like that for you too

yes i have hun and that feeling will pass i am getting ready in a few months to marry him and i had had that feeling for a while that i could never be with him but it passed because i kept convincing myself how good he was for me and to me and my family and eventually i started to fall in love with him and now we are gonna get married hope this story has helped you out a little

No. I don't think you can ever know someone well enough to know that you would be happy with them for the rest of your life. There was one guy that I thought was perfect for me but I realized I was just projecting my ideas of what I wanted on to him. Why can't you be together?

yes this one boy we knew each other for years i know every thing about him then we went out but he was so annoying and he would get so jealous that he would pull me away from them even if they were his best friend so i just had to break up wit him.

Well, don't ever say never because you don't know the possibilities of any outcome the future may have. You may think now, "i can never be with person, he/she will never think of me like that.." that's not true. Most people don't give themself enough credit and think of the worst to come. But, if you just met them, give them time to get to know you and see how things go from there. You have to let the person to get to know you and see if they like you if it wasn't the same mutual feelings you had.
Good Luck & God Bless.
Hope I helped.

Build a supportive and trusting friendship but compartmentalize it away from your romantic relationships.

i have been best friends with someone for 6 years so far. and have been in love with her the whole time. ive told her how i feel, and made her see i was there whenever for anything. but we may never be anything together. but i deal with it just by staying close to her and letting her know that thru anything ill still be there for her no matter what and someday if its supposed to happen then it will.

i just recently had that happend to me. hes too old for me and i dont think he likes me but i wont give up. im like in love with him and i will probably keep trying to win his heart

Back