My boyfriend is atheist and i am a strong christian! Help?

jana

May 18, 2008
I have already fell very deeply in love with this boy and he is so deeply in love with me! He does not believe in God. It breaks my heart sometimes. But its like he has all the makings of a christian because his parents are "non practicing christians" I prey about it everyday that he will come to church with me and i think he might if i approach it the right way... but i really dont know how! Does anyone have suggestions for me? Please!?

Yes, my suggestion is to sit down and open your bible. It tells us as believers not to be unequally yoked, that means, with those who reject Christ. If you keep in this relationship, there is more of a chance you will be dragged down than he will be "pulled up". Heartbreak is what God wanted to save you from, when He gave this admonition.

Both Christians and non-Christians can put deposits in our inner "love banks" through meeting basic needs in wonderful ways. They can build up huge accounts in us. They can also make withdrawls later by treating us poorly, thus lessening the love deposits. Be careful with needs met becoming love that could later destroy you spiritually. There are a lot of true horror stories out there of Christians losing a lot when light has fellowship with darkness as the scriptures so plainly warn against.

wow, what a total selfish thing to do. You have the man of your dreams, and your going to try and change him? I feel sorry for him.

I'm atheist, my finance is Catholic -- she has no problems with it.

We've discussed it before, she knows I'm a good person and that's all that matters for her. She just asks me to go to Church with her, and I do.

Honestly if you both really love each other, faith shouldn't matter.

Don't let religion get in the way of love. Who cares what his beliefs are? It's the love and emotion that counts. Just leave religion out of this.

Don't proselytize nor make him come to church. Doing such as thing may make your relationship worse.

You need to pray long and hard and find another boyfriend. The two of you staying together will cause nothing but heartache for both of you. The Bible says to not be unequally yoked to nonbelievers you would do well to follow that advice.

No,it may not work out if you cannot come to a compromise.Do not try to change someone who is headstrong in their ways. This will only lead to resentment and eventually the relationship ends with disappointment.Different faith relationships never work.

Be careful that your love to him could be the reason that you will be depart from christ.Be a model christian tohim and show yourways as a christian.Pray.

Are all crisitian girls prEy for their boyfriends?
No wonder:http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Alp2mlsrmu5l4QFon3Wd2Z7wDH1G;_ylv=3?qid=20090702164519AA5Jze6

leave the poor guy alone. what business is it of yours what he believes? people lie you are the reason i'd never, ever date a christian.

if you love him, you won't try to change him.

EXCERPT FROM TUESDAYS WITH MORRIE

By Mitch Albom

“Still,” Morrie said, “there are a few rules I know to be true about love and marriage: If you don’t respect the other person, you’re gonna have a lot of trouble. If you don’t know how to compromise, you’re gonna have a lot of trouble. If you can’t talk openly about what goes on between you, you’re gonna have a lot of trouble. And if you don’t have a COMMON SET OF VALUES IN LIFE, you’re gonna have a lot of trouble. Your VALUES must be alike.

“And the biggest one of those values, Mitch?”

Yes?

“Your belief in the importance of your marriage.”

He sniffed, then closed his eyes for a moment.

“Personally,” he sighed, his eyes still closed, “I think marriage is a very important thing to do, and you’re missing a lot if you don’t try it.”

He ended the subject by quoting a poem he believed in like a prayer: “Love each other or perish.”

just continue to be loving and kind and i am sure that if he love you he will come around --- as far as church goes, just ask

You should break up with him. That is not real love. Every good and perfect gift comes from above. The devil put him into your life to derail your Christian walk. If he becomes a believer, maybe you can get back together at a later date. Be forewarned though - a lot of guys will pretend they got saved, even get baptized, go to church, etc., just to get the girl back. Make sure it is genuine.

Back