How to increase bittorrent download speeds?

AthulR

Jun 21, 2009
I used to get speeds of about 160kbps.but now i am only getting speeds in the range of 70kbps.(the torrents have good number of seeds).Always a yellow or red icon is shown at the bottom.it hasnt turned to green for a while now.

Most of the time when I'm working on peoples slow computers it's spyware, Malwarebytes is by far the best and easiest spyware cleaner out there. Check your hard drive space, if your computer is full of crap it will run sluggish. I only mention this because your a torrent user and probably have a crap load of stuff downloaded. Try to get rid of Programs, Games and or Movies you have that you rarely or never use. I don't think it's a virus because they usually render windows inoperable, but it doesn't hurt to run a scan. Make sure your only have one virus scanner installed on your computer. If you have more than one they will fight for superiority, which will slow your computer down or end up screwing it up "blue screens = BOSD". Your last step is to clean your windows registry, it probably needs cleaned up, download CCleaner for free or since you know how to use torrents get yourself a copy of AVG PC Tuneup.do all these and perform speed test here scanmyspeed.com it will be fine

Back