Can I stop bad rumors, and how?

alexia

Jun 4, 2008
There's an ugly story about me going through all the city. People who didn't hear it are to rare. My ex boyfriend made it up, now I feel so bad. Everyone hates me. Is there something I can do to stop it? Please, help.

just dont let it bother you, pretend like you dont care, and if someone ever comes up to you, say it was a rumor

you can,t stop people from talking. all you can do is just don,t pay any attention to the rumors. if you don,t let it worry you then it will stop.

yes. makeup a worse rumor about somebody else, then- everyone will forget about yours.
but i do not suggest it,,, could get some folks mad at you.
sooo,
you should
go tell every person you know that it isnt true, then they will spread the word.

Get you and your friends together to tell people it's not true. If someone gives you a dirty look so be it. If someone ask your friends if it's true they can say "no it's not" if they ask you say "no it's not and if you don't believe me, sorry" people that believe rumors off the drop of a hat, that's retarded.

no matter what you do or say, no matter how good of person you are, somebody has ALWAYS got something to say about you.....whether it be good or bad...

the Bible tells us that a lying tongue hates those that are afflicted by it. hatered is kin to jealousy, these people are jealous of you. keep your head up, it will blow over soon and they'll start lying on someone else...

Over time it will be forgotten or you could move or fight fire with fire & spread a rumor about him.

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do to stop it; rumors are like a fire going through a dry field. Fortunately the fire will burn itself out. The best thing you can do is hold your head high and go on about life. If someone asks you about it, of course tell them the truth, but otherwise try to ignore it. Soon there will be another rumor about someone else and they will move on. It is a shame that people have the ability to spoil a reputation or a person's good name.

ok just ignore it and it will go away iv had plenty of that shit go around with me and the way ur going to keep it alive is if you show a reaction to it, what you really should do is completly ignore it, it will dye but by acting up from it your doing urself no justice

Don't worry ask quick as rumors come they also go. What you need to do if prove the rumor wrong. Be friendly nice positive and focus on yourself... don't get involved with any guys or anything. Turn to your close girlfriends and talk to them. Don't become obsessed with this rumor. Maybe now is a good time to pick something up. Like a guitar or a skateboard. Leave people alone for a little bit but don't become non-existent. Walk around with a friendly smile and light in your eyes and people will realize you are a caring person despite the rumor.

Yes. There are so many ways to stop it. :]

I stopped a recent one about me and my ex hooking up.

I started a counter rumor. And It was "that girl (me) was seen wit Chris last weekend making out at the local park."

That way... people knew that I had allready moved on and nothing happened between me and my ex.

It depends on the rumor. but you can't technically start the counter rumor.

You have to say it to your friend really loudly infront of someone who either hates you.. or someone known to start rumors.

If you need help chosing a counter rumor or another way to stop a rumor.. email me. I've stopped plenty of rumors.:] ones for me, and my friends. :]

Ohhh. and acting like it doesn't bother you... WONT WORK! Tried many times.
One time they started an even worse rumor.
When I reacted and yelled at them to stop... "They said.. too late.. it's allready passed arround."

Another rumor about my friend.. it seemed that everyone knew.. but in reality... only about 5 people knew... and they diddn't believe it...

Or you can find the source of the rumor.. (I found mine a few times... by asking arround...) (and I also realized they story I had said ... I told to 2 friends. each seperate times... and we were alone both times... so i figured out which one did it) and once I found out who did it... I diddn't fight fire with fire.

I simply said... "Stop. You're not cool for starting it. You do it because you're jeallous. If we're friends.. we don't need to be jeallous. so please. get over yourself.. before everyone finds out the "real you""
The rumor stopped. and she came to me a day later and said... "I told everyone it wasn't true. I'm sorry. I just heard that story and put your name in it..because I was jeallous. sorry. "

when you play with fire.. you're going to get burned.

This is what i'll do if i was in your place :
1) i would say ' If You Dont Know The Facts..Then Shut it ..Oh and in your case you dont know anything ..so you should be quiet for the rest of your life '' thats a great diss
2) Fire+Fire=Bigger fire ..Fire+Water=safe..You be the water in this case ...to stop bad rumors ..get everyone's attention and say .' nah it aint true' and act cool about it ..x
3) Be strong within your heart .x :D x
ii hope i helped xx

you can never stop rumors from spreading, trust me people will find something else to talk about later because their losers like that..act like it doesnt bother you, they wont keep talking about.. rumors go around once like a circle until a new rumor comes along

screw everyone who talks about others

Do something good for the community and make sure it gets public...or planed something that can be seen on ur local newspaper...or something u get the idea..

Move to a town that has more than one post office and if u cant who cares none of those ppl are paying the bills..

Ignore it.

Live your best and be yourself, people will know rumours are not true when they become closer to you.

pretend like you dont know about this rumor and just ignore it. People will eventually forget about it.

I'm sorry about what happened. All you can do is to be silent about it. You see, you said the story is just made up. So no matter how bad the rumor is, the truth will come out. In the end, it will be your ex's burden and people won't believe him.

Just as long that you don't really hurt anyone, let it go. People... They do love to talk bad things about other person. Let them feast on it until they are full and tired of the story.

Good luck.

Ignore the rumor. If people come up to you or see you and they start making faces and start being mean then ignore them, or say it was just a rumor!!

Back