Just out of interest. Do you know WHY you are eating a chocolate egg today?

Kakjam

Mar 15, 2009
I'd like to know if you know?
I do know the answer by the way and so far only one of you is remotely close! lmfao!
Mark S! Spot On!

It was the 'Rolling of the Stone' bit that clinched it!
Also..... Thanks everyone for keeping ma wee pus smiling! and HAPPY EASTER!

Tradition! It's a harmless tradition passed down from our family and that's a good enough reason. Good question and I'd like to know if there's a bit of symbolism to the whole thing. Good luck.

Cos they're yummy?
Seriously I have no idea although someone told me on Friday but the wine has wiped it from my memory.
Tell me.... x

because your parents decided to be nice and give you candy on this small holiday, they feel like you didn't get enough on halloween. It's for candy..that's what easter is, not getting plane tickets like someone did on yahoo.
Is there a correct answer?

I am eating no chocolate today.

I know my friend bought her family slabs of Cadbury's dairy milk chocolate. She said more chococlate, less packaging. She and her family are atheists anyway.

Lol yeah Egg resembles new life like a new chicken being born. Which is like Jesus' soul rising and being born into eternal life.. ( i think) Oh and Easter is named after the greek Godess Easter for... no wait i lost that fact.. haha...
(i went to a catholic private school :| i retain most information, the other half GONE out the other ear) but i get the main drift..

did i pass? :)

Yes
Easter eggs are specially decorated eggs given to celebrate the Easter holiday or springtime.

The egg was a symbol of the rebirth of the earth in Pagan celebrations of spring and was adopted by early Christians as a symbol of the rebirth

The oldest tradition is to use dyed or painted chicken eggs, but a modern custom is to substitute chocolate eggs, or plastic eggs filled with confectionery such as jelly beans. These eggs are often hidden, allegedly by the Easter Bunny, for children to find on Easter morning. Otherwise, they are generally put in a basket filled with real or artificial straw to resemble a bird's nest.

Back