If atheists are non religious, why don't they complain about having to pay the...

Rikku

Aug 16, 2008
...kosher tax? I don't have time to write up a full explanation or respond to your answers. Take a look at this video that explains the kosher tax:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7JmCLYZVl0

Just look at a bottle of Snapple for the big K or junk food for the big U (Orthodox Union) and you'll see what I mean.

Because they aren't bigots - and know there is no "kosher tax."

The code you see is a certification because the company decided more product would sell if it was kosher certified a nomial cost, thereby making the cost LOWER for you. (When more sells, mass production costs go DOWN.)

The process involves a Rabbi checking out the plant to make sure it's not mixing milk or meat & equipment is properly cleaned, etc.. Some non-Jewish people LOOK for the kosher label because they know it means quality. For meats it means it doesn't have parts of animals in there you wouldn't want to think about. It does not involve blessing the food.

The idea of "kosher tax" is classic to anti-jewish smearing going with classic anti-Jewish lies like "jews are evil", "jews control you", "jews want to control you." It's just stupidity & hate mixed in together.

However if you are afraid of jewish kudies, you can avoid it easily enough. Just buy foods that aren't kosher. Avoid the label. You'll find that you are paying MORE for your food by a tiny amount.

There is no such thing as a "Kosher" tax. YouTube is not a reliable source of info, not that you care, given your previous "questions".

Answer: there is no such thing as a "kosher" tax (getting through yet?)

answer: companies pay to have a rabbi inspect the processing of their products in order to be certified "fit" or not. They want to encourage a small section of Americans to buy their products. Same reason they pay mega-bucks to run ads on tv, radio, in magazines, newspapers and on buses.

You're quite the little Anti-Semite, aren't you?

I remember your holocaust apology question from last night.

The supreme court said atheism is a religion. And the atheist hate group "Freedom from Religion" loves to make holiday messages on religious holidays.

http://www.renewamerica.us/columns/gaynor/050820

That's really neat. i don't see how it's illegal though. If the grocery store was owned by the state that's one thing. I suppose you could make an argument for military dining facilities purchasing and effectively paying rabbis to bless their foods...but the military is all backwards anyway by paying the chaplain corp...they could operate privately just like regular church's..

anyway, i'm babbling.

it's interesting.

Antisemitism is an ugly trait.

What you are talking about is not a tax. Tax would be if the government were charging to make things kosher. If a company pays an advertising firm to do a campaign is that an advertising tax?

There is no "Kosher Tax", this is just another anti-Semitic urban legend. Food distributors voluntarily submit certain food products to kashrut for marketing reasons, but this is not regulated by any governmental agency and is absorbed as an advertising expense by the food distributors.

You're quite the little Anti-Semite, aren't you?

I remember your holocaust apology question from last night.

Back