How do I permanently uninstall the Softonic Toolbar from Internet Explorer?

foxfireup

Mar 25, 2009
Actually, I finally found out how from Softonic. It's very simple and it's hard to believe that this answer is not easily accessible on the Internet:

In order to remove (uninstall) the "Softonic Toolbar" from your "Internet Explorer" follow these steps.

First make sure you have the "Menu bar" in your "Internet Explorer" activated. If it is not active, right-click somewhere on the grey area on the "Internet Explorer" window and make sure the "Menu Bar" option is checked.

When the "Menu Bar" is visible, click on "Tools" at the far right, then click on "Manage Add-ons". Click on 'Enable or Disable Add-Ons'. In the list of "Add-ons" select "Softonic English Toolbar". Look below and click on the 'Disable' button. You may need to restart your computer for it to take effect.

Thats nice if "Softonic English Toolbar" appeared in the list. On my PC it does'nt.

Remove softonic toolbar

Oh, thank you a lot! my problem was, that i removed this toolbar from Start->Control Panel->Add or remove programs, but the toolbar was there again. But foxfireup's solution worked for me. I use Firefox on WinXP.
Thanks again!
Sissi

i have mozilla fire fox can suggest with this

thank u some much

Additionally, if you are using Mozilla Firefox:

Click on Firefox on the top left. Click on Preferences. Go to General. Under Homepage, click "restore Default". Then click on "manage Add-ons" When you see the box pop up on the left, Softonic will be there. Click "uninstall".

softonic/ aka bing/ aka Zugo/ aka search toolbar

find that under add-ons has several names / aliases / identities

softonic/ aka bing/ aka Zugo/ aka search toolbar and more

I tried a few things and couldn't remove the toobar until now.
Thank you! Your advice was very helpful! It worked:))))

THANK YOU MY MAN!

Additionally, if you are using Mozilla Firefox:

Click on Firefox on the top left. Click on Preferences. Go to General. Under Homepage, click "restore Default". Then click on "manage Add-ons" When you see the box pop up on the left, Softonic will be there. Click "uninstall".

THIS WORKED!!!!! You just have to look very carefully.. First: Go to TOOLS>OPTIONS> General so on & so forth..... Thanks!! =}

Thanks. I just hate sudden toolbars. They slow me down. Old crappy comp.

Works like a charm now. Thx

Can someone please tell me how to remove softonic? I have read the above suggestions and I cannot find it in tools/manage add-ons or in FoxFire, the upper left corner....I do not have preferences. I sure hope someone can help me.

Back