Why is there no way to view the "real" planet earth from outer space via satellite?

POWERSHAKER

May 29, 2008
Why is there no way to view the "real" planet earth from outer space via satellite?

Are they hiding something? I really wondered about why we can't view the real planet earth from outer space via satellite. I mean, for those of who can't afford a trip to space, it would seem only fitting to offer such a view. Google has a fake globe, and I wish it was the real earth. Wouldn't it be nice to see our planet in real time from a satellite? What's wrong, I wonder? Is our technology that slow paced?

Satellites are expensive things, and the agencies using them want to make sure they're not wasting time and money. If Google or Virgin, for example, wanted to launch their own satellite to provide such views for pleasure, then you might get that service. But it would probably cost you.

Not really sure what you mean - the Google Earth images are real.

Satellites in orbit around the Earth aren't far enough away to see the entire Earth in one image.
One of the major issues with real-time images of the Earth is that it is readily-accessible information that can be used by terrorists - traffic, crowds and public events, etc. could all be targets for anyone wanting to create panic.

Not really sure what you mean - the Google Earth images are real.

Satellites in orbit around the Earth aren't far enough away to see the entire Earth in one image.

Yes they are hiding something. The government does not allow images of many sites including military bases, nuclear power plants, and other sensitive areas. You have to have clearance and authorization to get images of these sites just like other classified and secret information. So there is pretty much no way you are going to get a full real time image of the planet my friend sorry. Hope this helps.

Yes they are hiding something. The government does not allow images of many sites including military bases, nuclear power plants, and other sensitive areas. You have to have clearance and authorization to get images of these sites just like other classified and secret information. So there is pretty much no way you are going to get a full real time image of the planet my friend sorry. Hope this helps.

I remember about two months ago or so that there was a long range satellite, maybe a sun orbiter or moon orbiter, that took an excellent picture of the whole Earth. Just Google the pictures, you'll find it eventually.

Just because you can't find it doesn't mean it isn't there.

Who are these "they" that you think are hiding things?

Back