Do you think you could cheat a lie detector?

no =]
mythbusters is a great show
it reads your blood pressure, heart rate, etc.
if u get nervous at all, even if you dont look like it, boom ur found out

No! My hubby can even tell when Im lying about something stupid! I must have a guilty face!!!!!

If I tell lies, I feel myself going red and palpatating!! lol - Im really rubbish!!!

You could get someone to hypnotise you so that you believed your own lies. Then when you answered the questions you would believe that you were telling the truth, hence no lies to detect.

I think you can cheat a lie detector if you can convince yourself that your not lieing! Then if you can convince yourself, you cans urely convince others, but if you know your lieing deep down, the weakness will prevail

Yes, have done! There is no such thing as a lie detectory. The polygraph, used on TV shows, is a discredited bit of pseudo-science that only measures bodily reactions to stress. If you can control stress, you get through - simple as that!
Further more, it doesn't flash up 'true' or 'lie', it produces a print out, a graph showing heart rate, skin conductivity etc. It is up to the operator to interpret this, so essentially, all you are getting is someone's guess. In many cases, this interpretation is not double-blind, the operator is privy to, or even asking, the questions. So it is totally subjective.

You can take drugs which will slow your heart rate and lower your blood pressure which theoretically would work, and also if you move around the lie and word your sentences differently so your not technically lying just seemingly answering the question by bouncing around it and rewording then it could work i guess.

Yea for sure, just tell the truth, it works every time but keep it on the hush not everyone is supposed to know this trick.

No, just thinking about it made made heart rate go up a bit, lol. I'm a good fibber in general but the machine would know!

Back