Yu-Gi-Oh Deck Building Help : Gadgets?

Donald

Apr 16, 2008
okaies well for a long time now, i ran a gadget-machina deck and i loved it. it was fun to play and i have topped at many local tornys XD BUT i want to make a gadget beat-down deck nows xD something new, and i love gadgets anyways so wha da hell right? XD heres da list so far...

Green Gadget x3
Yellow Gadget x3
Red Gadget x3

Limiter Removal x1
Solidarity x3
Monster Reborn x1
Foolish Burial x1
scapegoat x1

Ultimate Offering x2
Dimensional Prison x3

sooooo i know its not much at all lolz, but i would love to keep it machines (since im running Solidarity x3) so any help would be much appreciated ^_^ I'm thinking of running a field card...i think its called Gia "sumthing" sorry haha if u know the name tell me, i know it raises ATK of earth monsters by 500 XD

so i welcome any suggestions XDDDD and please keep it in the machine type (so Solidarity still works and combo with Limiter Removal) i just need to know what cards to add to finish it.

Before I begin, I'd like to introduce you to the OCG concept of Fifth Gadget.
Most duelists are running 40 Card decks, and it's easily the most consistent for normal decks.
However, there is a problem that occurs when running 9 gadgets; you're extremely liklely to run into multiple gadgets in your opening hand. 9/40 isn't great when you're trying to keep them in your deck to get them later.
in the OCG, the concept of Fifth Gadget proposes running 45 cards, so that litterally a fifth of your deck is gadgets.
This helps eliminate multiple gadget draws, and has been proven to be more consistent in the OCG.
an Article on it can be found here: http://yugioh.tcgplayer.com/db/article.asp?id=1767
it's an old article, but the concept behind it remains relevant, even though the proposed deck list is not.

now then
as far as helping you, i'll simply help by giving you a Fifth Gadget variant list, in other words a 45 card list. Should you choose to cut the deck down to 40 cards and disregard the concept, that's entirely up to you.

I actually made it sort of a fifth gadget machina variant, so it may not be exactly what you're looking for... but it's good with Solidarity, and is definitely designed for beating down the enemy.

Machina Fifth Gadget March 2010
45 Cards
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Monsters: 20
Red Gadget x3
Green Gadget x3
Yellow Gadget x3
Cyber Dragon x3
Machina Fortress x2
Machina Peacekeeper x2
Machina Gearframe x3
Scrap Recycler x1

Spells: 18
Mystical Space Typhoon x2
Soliditary x3
Shrink x3
Burden of the Mighty x2
Smashing Ground x3
Limiter Removal x1
Overload Fusion x1
Future Fusion x1
Dark Hole x1
Monster Reborn x1

Traps: 7
Bottomless Trap Hole x2
Call of the Haunted x1
Starlight Road x1
Ultimate Offering x2
Solemn Judgment x1

I hope this helped.
When it comes to sidedecking, and designing your side deck, consider checking out my blog, i have a thorough analysis of the metagame, what's to come this format, and what cards are good against what decks are likely to see play.

http://forum.tcgplayer.com/blog.php?b=3061

Back