YNH Meltdown Updates (and, WTF Zuska?)

Geek

Jun 6, 2008
As you know, Oedepus Maximus, with the help of a handful of diligent women and men put all into one place the data needed to prove that the now infamous You're Not Helping blog was not in fact written by a woman and three men of possible ethnic diversity working out of the Midwestern US. Instead, it was written by one twenty something year old grad student named William working in Alabama. Supposedly. Anyway, what you may not know is that the YNH web site was taken down last night but still exists in various easily accessible fragments here. (Poke around in the updates and comments for the links.)

But I also wanted to point out to you a few other blog posts that you should visit that relate either directly to the YNH meltdown or to the fallout.

The Problem with Sock Puppets

Fraud And Schadenfreude: The You're Not Helping Archives And Post-Mortems

And, of course, somebody had to write a poem about it: The Saga of the You're Not Helping Blog

Oh, and is anyone with ovaries (so that it counts) going to go and tell Zuska that she is full of shit? A 20-something year old guy pretends to be a woman to get she-creds, horribly attacks a female blogger, a half dozen people about half female and half male do a little digging, put some facts together and contribute significantly to putting a stop to it, and somehow this is male privilege attacking a few innocent sock puppets? Zuska, I am deeply embarrassed for you. You should have been on top of this. And, I think now you owe a number of people apologies.

Read the comments on this post...
CfFfXFU6rHA

More...

Back