Xbox 360 Reading games as DVD's?

JG

May 30, 2008
Hey,

Ok before you get started, i OWN THE ORIGINAL COPIES OF THESE GAMES! (i can post photos if necessary).

I got my Xbox 360 flashed in 2010. Its a 2009 model ELite 120 GB. We just bought MW3 today and it installed an update to the Xbox. This install has somehow managed to stop my Xbox from reading all my backed up games!!!!!! I put the backed up copy in, it loads, the "open tray" label changes to "Play DVD" and autoplays the dvd. Then the xbox logo (http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/9277/dscf1275g.jpg) just appears and gives me some DVD commands.

Im P*SSED OFF!! Coz i got NBA 2k11 and COD which have started to crack in the centre of the disk. Which is the whole reason for me getting back up copies. But now they wont work!!!!

Ive cleared the cache, and remove the xbox live updates using the "X, Left Bumper, Right Bumper" method.But still same problem.

Does anyone know how to fix this? What can i do to fix this????

the update that was installed to the xbox 360 was one of the dashboard updates that wipes your dvd drive firmware back to stock firmware.

this is because all the new games are in a new format called XGD3. which means that they require an extra 1 GB of space on the disc so the laser needs to be more accurate to be able to read them.

the only way to fix this is to get your xbox 360 re-flashed with ixtreme LT+ 2.0 which was released on october 2nd.

if you have a flashed xbox 360 you should ALWAYS stay up to date on the firmware, otherwise your risk getting banned from xbox live.

I offer to update dvd drives for $15 + $10 for return shipping

please message me, as for some reason I cannot post a link to my website.

Back