XBox 360 Marketplace game won't work!!?

Nick

May 11, 2008
I spent over $40 on Skyrim for xBox 360.
Every time launch Skyrim, it loads for a bit, then something pops up saying that the Disk is Unreadable - Which I find impossible since there IS not disk!

It worked perfectly yesterday, but today it's not even making it past the first loading screen.

I tried deleting it and re-downloading it, but it still doesn't work.
Somebody told me something about Clearing the Cache?
I have no idea how to do that.

Can someone help me?
I don't want to delete my progress!! That'd SUCK...
Is there a way to delete games without messing up my gaming progress?

How?

Okay you can try clearing your cache and if the doesn't work you can try clearing your whole harddrive cache. This will NOT delete your gamesaves. So to clear your system cache go to System Settings>Storage then hover over your harddrive and click the button that says for more options. Then click on clear system cache.

Now if that doesn't work you can try clearing your full system cache. Hover over your harddrive under System Settings>Storage then click LB RB X LB RB X. Then click yes. This will clear ALL updates and system updates etc... So you will just have to redownload them when asked to. Lastly you said you tried deleting the game and redownloading it but then you said you don't want to risk deleting your saves... Well all you do is navigate back into your Harddrive by going to System Settings>Storage>Harddrive>Games and Apps>Skyrim then click delete on the installed game file and you can then go redownload it. If all else fails try calling 1800-4MY-XBOX and they can help you out.

Back