Working on a manga? Suggestions please?

monkey

May 14, 2008
Okay; I'm 14 and I have taken a serious hobby to drawing manga styled art. I have decided to make an attempt at one with a plot and storyline for the first time. I'm into the magical girl genre, and action/fantasy type things. So i've come up with a very rough draft of a plot. it has a lot of holes and patching up to do because it's the very first draft of a portion of the story line. Here's what I have so far:

A young girl by the name of Maiko is a very energetic high schooler, who is a bit too curious for her own good. One day she went hiking with a few of her friends and her dog down a trail a few miles from her home. The weather started taking a turn for the worse and it got really windy. Her hair tie loosened and flew away; she chased after it. The hair tie was given to her by her grandmother when she was little; who had passed away. She looked everywhere for it and spotted it in a very deep hole beside the dirt path. She lied on the ground and reached torward it, struggling to get it before it blew off the branch it caught on. She managed to grasp it but toppled over and fell inside the mysterious hole.

Bracing herself she closed her eyes but she never felt pain. Upon opening her eyes she found herself in an unfamiliar place; and was soon accompanied by sprites of the elements. Alarmed she thought she was dreaming, but she had found her way into a mystical kingdom that was slowly being corrupted. Later on she finds out that her great grandmother (the one who gave her the tie) was a very powerful goddess and ruled over the once thriving land. Ever since her death the place has started to become defiled from outside forces.

Maiko learns that she is heir to the throne and she must protect the kingdom in which she is now responsible for. However, there's one little catch. She cant figue out how to use magic! On a quest to unlock her powers she goes many places and undergoes serious training. Along the way she meets a mysterious celestial boy with small wings on either side of his head whom accompanies her throughout her journey.

She later finds out that the key to her powers is in her hair tie; which can transform into a thorned whip at will. Also; if she feeds her dog a specific thing (undecided) he transforms into a dragon who can speak and plays the role of her guardian. She has to collect mana to store for her powers and even then her powers rely on the hearts of her kingdom. She has to heal her citizen's hearts and souls; as her powers combine with her people's to create a force like no other.

~~~

That's all I got so far. Any opinions & what can I do to improve?
Btw; her form changes as well in the alternate galaxy. Her hair is normally light brown. Should it be a reddish orange or a bluish purple when she transforms? And her eyes are usually a red-brown, any ideas for the transformation ?
You dont feel a "feeling" ? What's that supposed to mean o.o

Back