Wiring two subwoofers to one amplifier?

xlegit94

Jan 18, 2009
So I'm putting together an enclosure to house my two kicker comp 12's. I've never had any subwoofers in my car, or any experience with wiring them.

So, the enclosure came with two terminals; on on each side to connect to each subwoofer. However, I'm going to be buying a single-channel (mono) amplifier. This is how I plan on connecting my subs:

http://m.seimg.net/product/img/subwoofer_wiring/2_subs_SVC_4_ohm_mono.jpg

Right now, I have two terminals, but only one was installed. I'm only going to use one terminal as mentioned before, so I can connect them to a mono channel amp. Here's my problem: How do I wire sub #1 to sub #2? The terminal only gives me two wires to connect just one sub to it. Where can I find the wires to connect sub #1 to sub #2. I could use the wires from the second terminal, which I won't be using, but the ends are soldered on to the terminal.

Would it be easier to buy a two channel amp so I can connect each sub through a terminal as opposed to connecting both subs to one terminal?

Would the spare wires come in an amp wiring kit? Or where can I buy them and what are the called? I'm planning on buying a rockford fosgate punch 300-1 amp, but I want to make sure I can wire my subs like they are in the diagram. (The subs are both 4 ohms, and I'm wiring them to 2 ohms final impedance, as seen in the diagram).

What do I do? Thanks!
The comps are SVC each

You just need a 1 to 2 adapter or a speaker wire splitter. You can get them at most stereo places. You can also splice them and solder them yourself with some heat shrink if you are up to it.

Back