Windows Movie Maker keeps freezing! Something to do with DivX? Please help!?

RachelLee

Aug 29, 2008
Okay, so I used Movie Maker the other night and it works fine when I use images, but when I put video clips in it freezes like hell. I need some help because I really have to get the project I'm working on finished. Another thing being that when I opened Movie Maker my DivX popped up looking an update and I clicked 'Remind me in a Month' since I didn't think it was anything to do with WMM, and every time my video freezes the DivX icon pops up on my toolbar at the bottom of the page, but disappears when I go to click on it. I've tried searching my DivX for updates but it says none were found- is my WMM not working because I need to update my DivX and if so, how do I do update my DivX? Please help!

& I'd prefer a solution that doesn't involve me un-installing and re-installing either DivX or WMM.
Please, please please help me! I need to get my project finished soon!
The clips I download are from youtube, but it worked fine a year ago- can someone even tell me how I update my DivX codec? Without un-installing it? Much appreciated.

You may need to download a codec required to play the media file.

Sometimes some media files wont run in Windows Movie Maker, and this will cause it to freeze.

If you can't locate the codec, you can try converting the media file to another type, although you will lose quality (not good for a project).

Back