Will upgrading to Windows 7 from Windows Vista fix the problems on my computer?

ferrarixfxx

Oct 13, 2009
I bought my laptop in September 2008. The computer came with Vista pre-installed. Since that time, my laptop has faced many issues because of Vista. For example, Vista deleted my sound driver and my webcam driver. Vista also makes my computer randomly shut off, or I will get a blue-screen error. These types of issues are only the beginning of a long list I have with Windows Vista.

I ran Perfect Optimizer, and it says I have 557 registry problems, 267 junk files, 98 updates (I haven't updated yet because Vista never installs them correctly), 5 performance features found, and 2 invalid file associations.

If I upgrade to Windows 7 and get Windows Vista off my computer forever, will the above issues be fixed. Or should I invest in someone to fix my computer or have a program, like Perfect Optimizer, fix the problems for me?

Lastly, I know it's not a virus or any malware because I ran a virus scan on McAfee right after I installed it, and it said I had no security issues of the sort. I had avast! before McAfee, and it said the same exact thing as McAfee.

Thanks in advance :)

Back