Will Telus Charge Me For Moving My Sim Card?

Countjack

Jul 8, 2013
i own a Samsung galaxy ace 2. its not very good and i would like to upgrade. phone plans in canada are very expensive. my current plan is 3 years. if i buy a phone out right without a plan (htc one) and assuming the sim card fits will it work? my plan is only 30$ a month and to have an htc one you have to have at least a 50$ a month plan. will it know and start charging me extra or will everything work and continue with my current plan?

I don't know much about Canadian phone companies but I'm pretty sure that it would work. All the Sim Card does is give you a phone number and provide you with your wireless plan. If you put it in a different phone the sim card would not be changed and thus forth it would still provide Data to whichever phone you put in. Of course the phone has to be unlocked.
One piece of advice like you said you would need the sim card to fit. The Sim card on the HTC One is Nano. That is the smallest, you might have a regular or micro, which would not fit. so be sure of what you have before you buy the phone.

Back