Will Roger Federer win the 2010 U.S open?

Yeah i think he could win U.S open if he plays his best. but Murray and Nadal also in contention so dont rule them out.

Yeah i think he could win U.S open if he plays his best. but Murray and Nadal also in contention so dont rule them out.

When questioned about the possibility of meeting Nadal at Rolland-Garros, Federer has answered:
"It's nice when we meet; but it's also nice not to..."

It was as if he feared an upcoming defeat at the hands of the Spaniard; perhaps the sight of his downfall has influenced his feelings regarding facing high ranked players, especially about those he had lost to earlier in the course of this year.

During the Qualification tournament of the 2010 Us Open, when Federer was asked again the same question, his answer changed dramatically:
"I'd like to meet Rafa in final. [...] I think that I have a very good chance here..."

And, looking at how he entered the tournament, he's not there to try to stop a wound from bleeding and he's certainly not under the pressure of pursuing impossibly good records he himself set... I doubt that he's there to simply win; he seems determined to obliterate his opponents. He seemed insulted by people's reactions and he confessed in French:

FRENCH
"On doit vivre dans le présent. Je veux dire, j'ai gagné Wimbledon en 2003, mais c'était il y a 7 ans... Okay, dans ce cas là, on pourrait dire que je l'ai perdu. Mais, si vous y allez et le faite, 6 ou 7 fois, c'est assez évident que vous savez jouez. Vous n'allez pas vous levez un matin et ne plus savoir jouer au tennis. Alors, c'est étrange de vous entendre."
ENGLISH TRANSLATION
"We have to live in the present -- I mean, I won Wimbledon 2003 and it's been 7 years since... Okay, we could say then that I lost it (his game level). But, if you get there and make it 6, 7 times -- it's obvious the guy knows how to play. You don't wake up a morning and no longer being able to play. That's why it's strange to hear of you."

He's there to make it and he's got this same imposing presence he had in his earlier career when he came to New York, Melbourne, London or Paris to get back with the trophy. Last time I've seen Federer moving so well and being so aggressive was perhaps in 2006. Also, I've barely ever seen his forehand get through so hard since months or perhaps more than a year... I know he played the 100th player in the world, but if he keeps doing what he did and get back to clear the important point with confidence, Nadal is unable to match that kind of game, despite his brutal force and young age.

He will win if he avoids Rafa... Federer is cool and composed but to beat Nadal he needs to tap into some emotion and aggression... he needs to make the points shorter and see if he can stay clear of those clay-court like rallies that Nadal uses to wear Roger down... You may think Nadal sucks, but he has achieved quite a lot in most peoples eyes... Last time I checked he had more Slams than I do.

No. Andy Murray is going to win this year and Nadal is going to win it next year. Federer will probably win it once more before he retires though. He will also win Wimbledon at least 2 more times and the Australian Open again. I think Federer will end up with 20 slams before he retires but Nadal and Murray are going to be the dominant players for the next few years.

Back