will going on the stationary bike help burn fat?

dunno

Apr 24, 2008
if i go on the stationary bike 30-40min every other day and the other days i do body weight exercise and not eat any junk will i lose fat. i have 18% body fat and i want to have 6%-8%. will this help me reduce my body fat % if not can u suggest me something that will work

Looks like you've got a good routine down pat just needs some fine tweaking, body weight exersizes or light weightlifting approx 3 days a week along with cardio on every other day wether its stationary bike or jogging running ect. is a great start. All is left is diet, just because you eat healthy doesnt mean your going to loose weight, its all in the amount of food you eat- ie. the calories.

Your 'maintance' is the amount of calories you eat at the moment in your life, this amound of calories/food is what maintains the body you have now. If you want to loose weight, you need to eat less calories, say 200-500 less then what your maintenance is. Healthy foods are alot better for the body though, and alot more filling compared to fast food so keep that up.

Check out some online calorie counting sites from google, or there some great free iphone aps that show you an estimate of how many calories you should eat, and how much weight you can loose and they count the calories in every food you eat during the day. I'd give those a look into.

All the best :)

18% is a healthy fat percentage, 6% is reserved for super atheletes like MIchael Phelps or Dennis Rodman

Back