Will Clintonian Tactics cost the Dems the Election?

• Thread starter politicoswizzlestick
  • Start date
P

politicoswizzlestick

So far Hillary has:

1) Leaked word that a 5-8 year old Obama may have attended a school that technically was a medrassa, a school with ties to Islam --- never mind the fact that not all medrassas are run by extremists (Just like all churches are not run by Fundamentalists.) This was a political smear job.

2) Are currently calling people asking if "Barak Hussein Obama is a muslim" when he has repeated said chose the faith of his white mother and is a Christian.

3) Revealed that they had secret "potentially crippling information about Obama" that they weren't going to release as they were both dems. Then a few weeks later they realeased it, implying Obama was a drug dealer in his youth. (Obama publicly admitted in his book that he used -not sold - drugs in his youth.)

4) Now Bill clinton has accused Obama of seeing him commit election fraud. Now think about this. Clinton and Obama in a room. Wouldn't there be witnesses?
My father is a life long Republican. I am an independent. We both were committed to voting Dem to end the war as of March of last year.

I just got off the phone with my Dad and we both agreed that if the choice was McCain or Clinton, we would probably vote McCain, even as my dad bemoaned the fact, "he's in the wrong party."

My Mom (lifelong Dem and huge Obama supporter) says she would vote for Romney over Clinton, but if McCain were the candidate she would stay home.

This is a dramatic departure from 10 months ago when we were all thinking Hillary would be the candidate and we would vote for her. Are Hillary's tactics going to cost her and the Dems the election?

No, it won't cost the Demos. Just looking at the numbers so far, the Democrats are seeing a 2-1 ratio in voter turn out as compared with the Republicans.

However, I think the Clinton tactics will get Hilary in the oval office which is a HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE shame. I think Obama would completely turn this world around. And when I say world, I mean world. Everyone is saying "economics, economics". But what I want to see is a political figure in office who would be able to reach those hard-to-reach diplomats. Someone who could probably get Ahmadinejad to calm the hell down. I think Obama could do this. I think its the most important thing in the world right now. A positive self-image for the United States. I think our market value will increase once the world starts taking a positive view of us.

I don't think Clinton will be a good international figure-head at this point in time. She's too rough, and hard-headed. Obama's a thinker. He's smart enough to pull it off.

Back