Why won't my iPhone 3g connect to the Internet?

I'm having the same problem, my iPhone 3G can connect to the wi-fi when it is available, but when there is no wi-fi available, i can't connect to the internet.

: Iphone cannot connect to internet over cellular network.
01-Jul-2009 07:00 (in response to Alorain)
Yeah, Hi everyone,
I had this problem on my Iphone (3G pay and Go, on vodafone UK), after letting a friend whose Iphone broke test his SIM card in it. I found this to be a perfect solution:
.Go to settings==>reset==>reset network settings. Then your phone restarts, then when it has finished go to: settings==>network==>cellular data==> Now change the APN to pp.vodafone.co.uk and it should all work.*
Good Luck
n.b. this only works on*

Iphone cannot connect to internet

Iphone cannot connect to internet
Yeah, Hi everyone,
I had this problem on my Iphone (3Gs pay and Go, on vodafone UK), after letting a friend whose Iphone broke test his SIM card in it. I found this to be a perfect solution:
.Go to settings==>reset==>reset network settings. Then your phone restarts, then when it has finished go to: settings==>network==>cellular data==> Now change the APN to pp.vodafone.co.uk and it should all work.*
Good Luck xx

.thats also my problem i cant connect to internet,when i try to connect in the internet it says"cellular data cant connect"why?? i reset the settings already

my iphone wont let me connect to wifi at all. i have done factory reset with no backup ive turned it off holding the two buttons until the apple appears. ive even reset the network settings after all of that. even wifi connections that are free and do not have a password wont let me connect.

Back