Why isn't it hard to pretend to be a Christian?

VeryOldBook

Nov 15, 2011
I try to be an honest person. I have found that lies don't last long, because at some point you will inevitably say something that contradicts the lie and that will raise questions...

However, I recently began lying about my religion, and claiming to be a Christian...

I have, as a result, contradicted myself numerous times, but nobody has EVER said a thing! In fact, most people agree with me.

As long as I say something that gives people a warm fuzzy, they agree with me, even if it is in complete conflict with something else I just said!

For example, I said that, "God loves everyone and has a plan for each of us, only he can decide who goes to heaven or hell."
But later I said that, "It is by our own actions that we are judged, in the end, we choose heaven or hell."

Nobody said a thing. Right after I said the second statement I caught myself, but...either nobody noticed the contradiction, nobody wanted to question either statement, or nobody remembered what I said earlier...

There are lots of such examples and I've started trying to think of very pleasant things to say that are contradictory to the Bible or other established beliefs just to see if anyone disagrees.

For example, I did try the following: "The Bible condemns slavery, God punishes slave owners in the bible, never once does he say that slavery is okay." In a group of 8 people, only one person said anything about this being a half-truth.

This article is an accurate cutting indictment on Christians,the vast majority of whom are woefully uninformed about the Bible due to a lack of interest in God's teachings.:damn fly:This explains why so many of them continue to support the mass murder of war for instance in total contradiction of Jesus' teachings.

Matthew 7:12

So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

Back