Why is Windows DVD Maker suddenly taking a full day just to burn one DVD?

mario

May 20, 2008
It's totally annoying and driving me crazy! It used to burn a full 150-minute DVD in about 2 or 3 hours or so. But the last DVD took 21 HOURS! That's just insane!

I have a Dell Inspiron 531s desktop computer (32 bit) with Windows Vista.

I went to TASK MANAGER and changed the PRIORITY of Windows DVD Maker to High. It was on Below Normal Priority before that. But instead of helping the DVD to burn faster, my computer just freezes and forces me to restart.

I don't have all day to wait for one disc to burn. I can't even use my computer anymore when a disc is burning because everything freezes and won't respond. So there never seems to be a good time to start a DVD burning because it always takes so long that I'm wanting to go on my computer before it's finished and I can't.

I have already tried everything I could to speed up my computer and nothing helps. I deleted the OS drive AND the Recovery Drives not too long ago. So there's plenty of room on them. I also did the DISK CLEANUP on the drives. Tried de-fragmenting them but it went all day and never stopped. So I had to cancel it.

I sometimes wish I had a different DVD Maker software that was just as easy to use, but more reliable. I'm always afraid to buy any DVD Maker software because I'm afraid that I won't know how to use it, and that it won't allow music on the menu screen. I really like that about Windows DVD Maker.

Only thing I hate about Windows DVD Maker is that you can't title the separate scenes on the disc, so none has any titles when you go to SCENE SELECT. I also hate how it doesn't show every scene/video in the Scene Select mode. What's up with that?

Back