Why Is There A War B/W Twilight & Harry Potter?

ReallymHonestlym

Oct 15, 2008
Okay, a majority wise, it's teenage girls who adore Twilight (said through a vast observation). It's not ONLY teenagers, but a higher rate. Majority wise, it's young girls who rarely read (so they don't know what an amazing book really is), and the only reason I've ever heard a reason for liking it from these girls is "Edward/Jacob is sooo hawt!"

Uh, okay? Then they say the plot about the Prince Charming saving his Damsel-In-Distress is unique? Yes, because we haven't seen that before -rolls eyes- I'm not saying HP is originial, but probably more unique than most books nowadays. Most are just blinded by the supernatural creatures (in basically ever supernatural book these days) and assume it's different; not by the story, which is what makes something original (such as 1984 or Jane Austin's novels, etc.)

But honestly, people I've known who grew out of it and realized its flaws are the ones who matured. Having a possessive, overly-jealous boyfriend is NOT healthy or amazing; not at all, and most of you girls have to realize that. The characters are rather one-dimensional, as are the tacky plots, but can you blame Meyer? (well, yes, but...) When you only spend about three or four years on four books, it's bound to lack any sort of depth. Her endings are sappy and predictable to the point where the happiest people even find it corny. I've seen it.

I don't have to read The Host because I already know how it's going to end, and that's not really appealing. That's why I didn't care for Eclipse or Breaking Dawn. Eclipse was okay, Breaking Dawn was one of the worst books I've ever read. I recall finishing it and thinking "I wonder what others thought of it?" and searching the internet... and then laughing hysterically when I discovered that it was an epic fail.

I've seen that most are in love with the CONCEPT of the story (having someone to protect and worship their feet wholly), but not necessarily the story itself. Some manage to realize that that's not only boring and unhealthy, but terrible, to have such a relationship. You want someone who can give you space. And I never felt any chemistry from the two main characters (who are, mostly, boring. Mostly XD Sorry, joke from Aliens).

And don't you just love going to forums on "Harry Potter vs. Twilight" and finding those IN LOVE with Twilight writing something like "Oh, my Gah, Twilight is sooo awesome. Edward is so freaking hot, lol (of course -rols eyes-)! he can totally like kick Harry's skinny ass!"

Wow... that's your majority supporters, Meyer. Bravo.

Of course Edward can, we all know that! He's perfect! It's incredibly annoying. Although despite how frightening vampires are supposed to be, I never felt threatened. They sparkle, guys, come on... How many times are Edward's amazing looks repeated in the book? Oh, yeah, every time he's shown.

I told one of those mega fangirls who basically only likes the story because of the hot guys (and trust me, if she'd made them medicore in attractiveness or okay-looking, most of the girl fans wouldn't have liked it. It's a fact) about how "Would you want a boyfriend who watches your every move, who freaks when a guy looks at any patch of skin, who possessive to the point where he bossess you around?"

... She was silent and contemplative, as if having an epiphany of the main character's relationship.

HP is better. Fact. I liked Twilight (my only problem was the depthless characters), and New Moon (I like morbid themes, but that book made me loathe Bella so much. Weak, helpless). I'm defending HP from people who rarely read and like a book because the main character(s) is hot. The movie, Twilight, looks terrible. Bad acting, and an even MORE cliche plot ("I like you, you like me, but we can't be together because we're from different worls" is the ENTIRE movie, obviously, with a horrible final fight and CGI effects).

If you like Twilight for something deeper, like it struck you (which is a rare occurrence) then I applaud you and this isn't triggered toward you. I'm tired of this war - DH sold much more, the movies are amazing, and the fanbase is more vast. Mostly vast. Mostly. XD And I'm only sixteen! Then again, I've always been more mature in the mind than most. Not bragging, but it's true.

Back