Why is my Blue Ray player unable to maintain a connection with my wireless network...

annonymous

May 24, 2008
...drive? We moved to Germany from Australia and since there is no English language tv here I wanted to be able to connect our tv to a wireless network drive to at least access some of our movie files. I have everything on an iomega wireless network drive. I am able to connect the homePC, my laptop, and my husbands laptop to the drive wirelessly and play all files without interruption. I am able to pick up the wireless device with my Samsung tv via the Samsung blu ray player and it begins to play files, however it then disconnects repeatedly- sometimes in 30seconds, sometimes in 20 minutes, but always so that we cannot watch a whole show. I have isolated that it is not the Wireless network drive that is disconnecting (because I have simultaneously been running it on a laptop with no issues) and so this must be an issue with the Blu Ray player receiving the signal. The player says that connectivity is high, what else could the problem be? WHat can I do to resolve this and be able to continuously play files? Any suggestions are helpful?

Back