Why don't Muslim people make more effort to intergrate into Western Societies?

JackT

May 26, 2008
Forgive me for being so brash, but do you think the problem and all these conflicts that we seemed to be locked into with the Islamic world may lie in them not mixing in or integrating into our societies?

I mean you get Chinese and Japanese people coming over you don't see them wearing the traditional samurai dress or a kimono or a powder white face?

Or all them Africans that come over dont be covered in traditional masai dress; or you dont get many Mexicans living in the West wearing a poncho and saying ariba ariba!.

So why dont Muslim people make more effort to mix in with everyone else? Why do they still have to wear medieval hijabs or headscarves or them long robes men wear? something that existed from the 7th century.
?

Why dont they swap all these clothes for modern armani or a prada?

Surely isn't this the kind of backward thinking that has left them in the medieval ages?

So why dont they come to the pub with us after work? and enjoy a nice orange juice?

Why dont their women wear their hair down, Im sure Arabian women are the most beautiful in the world?

Butinstead of mixing in with us they try to create a replica of a mini country within our countries?

(btw, i know many good, generous and honest Muslims who i am proud to call my friend and is no mean an insult on anyone belief or tradition)

Back