why does she hang around lesbians?

JustinW

Jun 2, 2008
my mother is 51, divorced from my father and has two grown kids (me and my sister). lately my mom has been hanging around a lot of lesbians, young and old. she said she hangs out with them because they are more fun than straight women. she says straight women are stuck up and snobby acting towards her ever since she got a divorce wheras lesbians are accepting, laid back and fun for her. i just think it is weird that is all she is hanging out with lately. is this normal? anyone have similar experience?

well im gay myself and I would just have to say that maybe she is transitioning into a lesbian...and maybe she alwayz had it inside of her, but she is finally letting go even at the age of 51...God bless her!

Well in my experience, you are who you hang around. She has to agree with these women on some level, or maybe she is just a free spirit who doesn't care what anyone thinks. I doubt she is a lesbian. And she's right, lesbians are so much cooler. :)

Apparently, they are more fun than straight women. No offense, but it's honestly none of your business who your mom is friends with. It's sad that she has negative stereotypes about straight women, but it's her prerogative, and it isn't harming anyone.

maybe she is curious. honestly hell her kids are grown and shes divorced...in her mind its party time baby lol...
but on a serious note, they are just friends!

Its normal! Because if that's what she wants she can do it. It's not like someone has a choice for her because if she gets divorced well she has to have some fun at the endding! Well if it wasn't for lesbians well she will still feel sad!

But in my opinion I think she might want to be a lesbian if she is single but no offense!

wow, some interesting answers.
She is free. She can do whatever she wants.
She can have whatever friends she wants.
Straight married women do not want a divorceee around cause it gives the husbands ideas.
Her straight friends will talk about marriage- something she is obviously NOT into right now.
Who knows, she may be curious. Many married woman from my era came out later, after the kids were grown, because they felt there were no options.
Try to be supportive. You can tell her you do not understand.
BUT you can NOT tell her you don't approve. Ain't your bees wax!!
I hope you will see she's happy and not coming to any harm.

Back