Why does my torrent speed only work good at night time?

Jake1

May 11, 2008
Ok Thank you for anyone who is computer handy that responds... This is really bothering me..
I tried googling this answer so I could find out more but wasn't sure if my situation applied elsewhere so I will give some details

Ok so here goes..

I am connected wirelessly to my neighbors router (next room over from apartment- said I could use free and supposely its cable which i don't know )

During the day when I wake up .. torrent speed for an average torrent is like .01 KB/S - 5 KB/S sometimes with like 20+ seeds too

sometimes it doesn't even connect to the other peers and when it does it stays low.. like i only downloaded 10 MB in the past 8 hours for this one torrent for example

Sometimes if the torrent is very popular the speed will get to like 20 KB/S download and afterawhile I kind of got happy which is sad for it being so slow
And my upload speed is even slower

But at night time.. Approx 1 AM on the 9 out of 10 nights The Download Speed went to 100-350 KB/S per torrent which suprised me .. the 1 night it didn't the internet was down
Then maybe around 8-9 AM it goes slower like 50 KB/S until like 10-11 AM it's back to mad slow throughout the day and then back to normal at night

My torrent knowledge is very low so would appreciate some help or advice?
I do not have access to the router or anything since i am connected wirelessly.. is there anything I can do?

Thank you

Back