Why does my Motorola cable modem "restart" its self all the time.?

JoeD

May 18, 2008
I have Optimum Online and have a Black Motorola SBV5120 VoIP Cable modem and every week about twice a week it "restarts its self. all the lights on it go dark then they go on one by one. when they go on each one blinks for a couple of seconds then it stops blinkin and stays on then the next one blinks and turns on and so on and so on. When this happens i loose internet and phone. Is it suppose to do that or should i call optimum? thanks!

The way it restarts by blinking on each light is normal. However, I would say that restarting itself is not right. Is the power cord loose or something else causing it to lose power momentarily? If not I would say have try to have it replaced or looked at if its under warranty.

the same thing is happening to me but I lose internet and my phone for a day and it comes back for couples of hours and I lose it again, the lights blink all the way up and starts over again from power this been happening for a week

i think its the modem cus i did nothing and it still just restarts, or mabe its ur comp settings . I have the same modem and same problem

Back