Why does my internet speed suck?!?

karis

Jul 15, 2008
I had a download speed of about 60 kb/s according to speedtest.net. This was less than 1/100th of the avg. from my service provider according to speedtest.com. My parents recently got DSL (I'll admit I don't know if DSL is good or bad) and we also use a wireless router, but I think we're either getting screwed by our ISP or some major problem is holding the internet speed. Are we getting screwed or is something else likely the problem? I'll take any answer that I can get, thanks

DSL is old type of internet connection ,in DSL you cannot get good internet speed...You can better get the cable internet connection...For this speed problem you can call the service provider and inform this problem.Otherwise get latest Cable (Wired ) internet connection...You can use wired modem instead of using the wireless.Because in wireless the speed gets slow in the distance become high..But wired is not like that ..It won't get slow.I am using broadband connection with wired modem..I have checked the speed of then internet at Scanmyspeed.com my uploading speed is 0.123Mbps and Downloading speed is 2.256MBps.

Back