Why do people who practise Karate always like to badmouth Taekwondo ?

Fluffy

May 21, 2008
I thought martial arts was about respect ?
Anytime tkd gets mentioned on here its always ATA gets mentioned and yes ATA is crap but its not all Taekwondo is .
Have you ever seen traditional tkd ? or ITF tkd ? its a lot different and far more respected than any MCDOJO crap you speak of
MMA you are not a ITF black belt because if you were you would not be saying it sucks , ITF is the best out there when it comes to teaching authentic TKD that is not sport orientated.
Its very scientifically developed thanks to the extensive work gen choi put in while developing the art, one example would be the theory of the sine wave that is used in ITF for developing power in technique., its a very modern style compared to some of the ancient ones.

Nwohioguy yes i know ATA is not taekwondo , im saying that its ATA that seems to get mentioned when people want to attack taekwondo as if its only ATA is taekwondo.
if you really are an ITF black belt MMA you obviously were not taught well, i highly doubt you are.
i bet you could not even name all the colour belt patterns or understand what sine wave is .
Nwohioguy in ITF the patterns ( forms ) are tuls and if you look closely enough they are not so much like shotokan or any karate style .
the noticable sine wave movement would show this , even the exhale on strike etc is diffferent
MMA how long did it take you to google that information ?
and i mean tkd is the most effective of the modern TKD , the rest than came after it has been pure garbage .
and yes i mean WTF and ATA and the rest of the raped versions of TKD.
MMA ITF is very effective if applied correctly, if you really are a genuine black belt its a shame you were taught so poorly that you feel it is not.
MMA you said " it sucks"
which leads me to believe you never practised ITF or if you did then you didnt stay at it too long .
If if was ATA you were speaking of i would understand but ITF out of all the TKD styles is very effective and scientifically developed to create maximum power in every technique.
You are insulting everything gen choi worked for .

Back