Why do people hate gay people so much and treat it like something to be ashamed of?

CHAMP

Jun 7, 2008
I'm gay and I don't know why I'm hated for it. I just consider it a small aspect of me. I try to contribute love to the world, but because I'm gay that contribution is overshadowed. In a way, I feel like a joke.

Why do people judge what they aren't? I know a lot of people say the attraction is a choice, and to me that is just foolish. I would never choose this in a million years. What I have learned is to accept myself more and more gradually while the years have passed and kids have matured to the point where there are at least some who will accept me for who I am.

Think about the kids self worth you are destroying. For years I felt worthless and unproductive in society because of this aspect of me... And I shouldn't feel like that. No one should for something as harmless as being gay.

Being gay doesn't mean anything more than I'm attracted to the same sex. It doesn't mean I'm a bad person. It is merely an aspect of me and you shouldn't assume my complete identity from it.

Back